I need help info on purchasing uplink

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

iceman17
level0

I need help info on purchasing uplink

Postby iceman17 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 am

Dear Montyphy,

I need some info, do you know if you can purchase the mac version of uplink from this website? I mea I did some reading and if you buy the box version you get both the windows and mac versions in the box. Is that how the internet download works? How did you get thw game. I need info ASAP thanks

-iceman
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:18 am

You cannot purchase the Mac version from IV. The Mac version was ported by the now-defunct Contraband Entertainment, and published by Ambrosia Software. You can buy the Mac version from their website, but you will be purchasing version 1.31, and there is little chance that this will patched anytime soon -- as I said, the company that did the original port doesn't really exist any more, and ASW will not be doing any patches. If some brave soul, such as frenchfrog, decided to update the Mac port, it might happen, but it does not seem likely.

If you buy the boxed version from IV, you get the Windows version, and the Linux version. You can download that from IV. The Mac version is boxless, download only. Honestly, I would suggest that you get the Windows version, as it will still be supported in the future, and run it in Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp. It may also work under Parallels, but I am not as sure about that.

And, for those keeping score at home, this is my third helpful post. I'm batting over .200... that isn't right. :(
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 am

I never bought Uplink for the Mac i.e. from ASW. I only bought the IV boxed version of the game which I think also includes the Mac version. As for immediate download, I bought the game before that service was available so wouldn't know. You would be better off emailing sales@introversion.co.uk.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Ok let's clear things up:

-Mac version can only be bought from Ambrosia.
-When buying Uplink from IV store you get the Windows and Linux version. (I think the CD version include the Mac Uplink demo)
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch

Return to “Mac Uplink”