Trouble using voice analyzer

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

iceman17
level0

Trouble using voice analyzer

Postby iceman17 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:58 am

Hello,

I have played uplink before and am an experienced hacker. However, when I am faced with a level in which I need to use the voice analyzer it will not work. Is this a problem with my mac or do i need to use an external microphone? Any help that can be offered would be appreciated

- Iceman
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:51 am

You don't need a microphone but have you tried reading the guide?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
iceman17
level0

What smaple are they talking about?

Postby iceman17 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Dear Montyphy,

I appreciate your reply. I read the guide and they talk about ' playing back a sample of the administrator's voice' where do I get that sample Can you describe how you defeated a voice print? I would appreciate the help because this has prevented me from advancing in the game for a long time. thanks

-iceman
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 pm

First, go to InterNIC and look for the Public Access Server of the Target Company. Add this server to your links, connect directly to it and add the phone number of the system administrator. Connect to the Administrators Voice Phone system, and start the Voice Analyser. Wait till the call has finished and the voice has been recorded, and then disconnect. DO NOT CLOSE THE VOICE ANALYSYER. Now, connect to the Central Mainframe, making sure that the bounce point just before the Target computer is the Public Access server for that company. Use your Bypassers/Disablers on the Proxy and Firewall, and then enter the 'Voice Print Identification' section. Press the play button on the Voice Analyser, and wait for the button to turn green, and then click on it.

That paragraph was pretty taken from the guide. I only modified a bit regarding how to get the admin's contact details. What exact bit are you having troubles with?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
spaatman
level0

Postby spaatman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:35 am

My problem is there's nothing in the program that shows me how to connect to the Administrators Voice Phone system. Where pray tell do you go to do this phone connection because I'm completely stumped. :?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:43 am

Simple.

1. Go to the company's Public Access Server. You can find it using InterNIC.
  2. The server lists the phone number of the Admin. Click the '+' next to the phone number. This adds the admin's phone to your map and to your server list.
  3. Connect to the Admin's phone system as you normally would any other system: by either clicking it in your server list or choosing it on the map and clicking 'Connect'. There's no need for bounces, because they don't trace you.
  4. Open the voice analyser.
  5. The Admin will go through the "Hello? Is there anybody there?" shtick and the voice analyser will show up 'analysing voice patterns' and eventually 'analysis complete'.
  6. LEAVE THE VOICE ANALYSER OPEN.
  7. Connect to the Central Mainframe as you normally would for the hack.
  8. Go to the 'voice recognition' section in the login. Press play on the voice analyser. It will say 'I am the system administrator. My voice is my passport. Verify me', and you will be verified. It'll turn up 'Access Granted'. You've successfully passed the voice recognition security feature.

This is essentially exactly what Montyphy said, albeit enumerated. Do you still have an issue?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
spaatman
level0

Postby spaatman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:53 pm

Your response was more clear and precise. So yes, I understand. I didn't realize the Server List was where the phone numbers could be found and connected to once you clicked the (+) sign. If I need to explain this to someone, that's where they will be confused if not explained in detail. Again, thanks for the assistance.

Return to “Mac Uplink”