Gateways for Mac, anyone?

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Dark Matter
level0

Gateways for Mac, anyone?

Postby Dark Matter » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:14 am

I have 3 great gateway systems, and my computers directories (mac) is set up in the uplinks section so that a data folder contains all the essentials, graphics, sound, data, and ect. but they are just files, not folders, so how do i get a standard gateway mod (like the outcast, or server platform) to work. Ive arranged it so many ways my eyes are starting to bleed. Please guide me through it from the point i put the main folder (one with the gateways name) into the uplink AREA (not specifically in data or anything, just in that area) to the point it works, Just tell me where to put what after its downloaded.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
I am that which is there, but never visible to the naked eye, I am |)ark (V)atter. . .
rookie10276
level0

Postby rookie10276 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:50 am

Ok.
1. Put two folders in the uplink folder called Data.
2. Name the first file (inside the "data" folder) "data", and name the second "graphics".
3. In the new data folder put another folder inside it; name it "gateways."
4. Put the gateway text document in this folder. Make sure the end of the document says ".txt".
5. Inside this document, there are these little boxes at the beginning of each line. Delete them.
6. Then change the gateway document's font to Andale Mono.
7. In the graphics folder put another folder inside it; name it "gateway" make sure there is no s at the end.
8. Put the gateway images in the "gateway" folder.
9. Make sure the image names are: ex. "[gatway_name].tif" and "[gateway_name]_t.tif".
10. They should have the same "[gateway_name]" as the gateway document.
11. The smaller image should have "_t.tif" at the end of it's name. The larger just needs ".tif" at the end.

That should be comprehensive enough!
Dark Matter
level0

Postby Dark Matter » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:27 am

Thank you very much rookie, i thought it was inaccessible for macs at first, but you proved me wrong, thank you :) .
I am that which is there, but never visible to the naked eye, I am |)ark (V)atter. . .

Return to “Mac Uplink”