FBI mod and macs

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:42 am

Phoenix Elite wrote:Just go ahead and tell me I'm wrong. You'll soon find out that I am indeed right. Just try and put in a Mac formatted disk into a pc running windows. It will ask you to format it because it does not recognize the Mac format. Now, I'm not saying you couldn't go and buy software to make windows see these formats, the point is that you don't have to do that on a Mac -- they already know how to deal with these formats! What's more, is that Macs can also write in the MS-DOS format too.

You really are a moron, aren't you?

I was not disputing the fact that Mac can run Windows, or that they can read Windows formatted disks, &c. In fact, I happen to own a MacBook Air which runs XP quite nicely, and have been using Windows formatted disks with my Macs since at least 1999 (before that, I was using machines with Motorola 680x0 chips running System 6 or 7, which had a hard time with DOS formatted disks, though sometimes they could be made to work). In fact, there is some probability that I have been using Macs longer than you have been alive. Thus, I am very much aware of what Macs can and cannot do (I am also pretty aware of what Windows can and cannot do).

You quoted a post which admonished another poster for (a) bumping an old topic and (b) trying to start a Mac vs PC flame war. Your post both bumped a topic that had been dead for seven months, and attempted to incite that same flame war.

The fact that you didn't even notice this shows that you lack basic reading comprehension skills. Your response to my post further confirms that. In short, you are an idiot.
Phoenix Elite
level1
level1

Postby Phoenix Elite » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:46 am

No need to be so aggressive you know. I had no intention of starting a flame war and as for the posting without reading the date of the posts, I can attribute that to my ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). I simply wanted to state the facts about the Macs/PCs and again had no intention of starting a flame war. And case you didn't know, I have been tested gifted in the "art" of reading comprehension; I just simply don't pay attention very well due to said genetic disorder. In any case, I apologize for any offensive comments that I may/may not have made.
Where ever you go, there you are.
| Uplink Directory | My Profile | Rate Me! |
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 am

Don't mind mr_anonymous; you can attribute his response to his TTFDN (Tendency To Flame Daft Noobs) - it's a disorder he's been grappling with for the large part of his life.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Phoenix Elite
level1
level1

Postby Phoenix Elite » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:31 am

lol
Where ever you go, there you are.

| Uplink Directory | My Profile | Rate Me! |

Return to “Mac Uplink”