Onlink and the Mac Source Code

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:51 pm

I sign. I just hope Ambrosia listens.
The only real problem with releasing that code is that if they do, some one will find a way around.
It's really trust.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Wed May 02, 2007 9:02 pm

Onlink is a mod and has no links to Ambrosia software.
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
bloodtiger10
level0

Well...

Postby bloodtiger10 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Mac mods are like this, you do exactly what u would do for windows and hey (themes work in demo!!!! on mac). But what you do is put the graphics music etc. into (first right-click on uplink.app and then show contents) click on Contents then resources then put the music graphics things in there and Wala you have the mods installed and they can be windows mods (duh)!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
THE Uplink Winner
bloodtiger10
level0

Postby bloodtiger10 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:58 pm

srr my email is pawngame10@gmail.com for now (hehehe) so if u have any questions about mac version of uplink email ME there k!
THE Uplink Winner
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Re: Well...

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:05 pm

bloodtiger10 wrote:Mac mods are like this, you do exactly what u would do for windows and hey (themes work in demo!!!! on mac). But what you do is put the graphics music etc. into (first right-click on uplink.app and then show contents) click on Contents then resources then put the music graphics things in there and Wala you have the mods installed and they can be windows mods (duh)!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

1. The topic that you just bumped has not had a reply in over a year. None of the information in it was anything that anyone cared about. If you really thought that you had something important to say (I will get to that in a moment), you should have created a new topic.
  2. Everything that you have said is incorrect for the latest version of Uplink for Mac (that would be version 1.6, by the way). The current version of Mac Uplink has a separate folder for mods, located in ~/Library/Application Support/Uplink . That is where any mods should go.
  3. To continue with just how wrong you are about everything you wrote: many mods that were created for Windows do not work with the Mac version. Several years ago, IV started selling the source code to Uplink, but restricted modifications to Uplink made with the source code to Windows only. Onlink, the topic of this particular thread, is one such mod. There is a Mac version in development, which will probably be released someday (as it seems that there is some possibility that the source code restrictions will be/have been loosened or removed). However, the Mac version and the Windows version would be different downloads, and probably will have a different procedure to install.
  4. I believe that you meant to type "voila" when you typed "wala." It comes from the French.
  5. You are an idiot.
  6. Regarding your signature, you are not "THE Uplink Winner," whatever that means.

Return to “Mac Uplink”