What good games are there for Mac?

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Woelf
level1
level1

Postby Woelf » Wed May 12, 2004 11:56 am

Miah Helpmann wrote:Want a good game? Personally, I'm old school. I still play Descent 1. On OS 10.3

It's a bit fast, but just turn off pixel doubling and you're good to go! :)

Ohh Descent IS a good game... I still play D1 & D2 on my mac... do you have the original mac version? I have the win version on cd... compiled d2x (linux descent port) on OS X.. works great!
Other good mac games.. Wolfenstein is nice... EV Nova!
Redbaron
level3
level3

Postby Redbaron » Wed May 12, 2004 2:12 pm

It depends on what type of game you like. Red Faction is good for those people who like shootemup style games. I'm more a strategy man myself -once you get over 30 the old reflexes go and the brain deteriorates so you need time to plan your next move. Tropico is a splendid strategy game, not just because you can ally with the Soviets against the US pigdogs tho' that is an added bonus! Age of Empires and Civ III are excellent games. I know a lot of people got into Warrior Kings and Black & White but I couldn't really grasp them, the games were well put together but they didn't entirely draw me in. If you like football it has to be Championship Manager. Oh and Uplink's not bad either! :wink:
Remember whether it's driving or politics always keep to the Left
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Wed May 12, 2004 5:00 pm

Woelf wrote:
Miah Helpmann wrote:Want a good game? Personally, I'm old school. I still play Descent 1. On OS 10.3

It's a bit fast, but just turn off pixel doubling and you're good to go! :)

Ohh Descent IS a good game... I still play D1 & D2 on my mac... do you have the original mac version? I have the win version on cd... compiled d2x (linux descent port) on OS X.. works great!
Other good mac games.. Wolfenstein is nice... EV Nova!

oo! you know good games!

EV Nova is teh pwn!
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Sat May 22, 2004 10:23 pm

I went and got Halo. Good game, vast multiplayer although often there are glitches because it's internet. Wish I had a high-speed connection. Or a LAN with my friends on it.
NightWind
level2
level2

Postby NightWind » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:28 am

I apologize in advance for bumping an old topic, but there's a lot here that's being missed.

My personal fave list:

1. the Jedi Knight series
2. Deus Ex (the first one)
3. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation *but buy a gamepad first*
4. Tomb Raider II (that dragon at the end is FREAKING HUGE)
5. and http://www.TwinFeats.com/'s WebWizard, a utility for playing Magic: The Gathering over the net. It's written in Java. But you better have a nice fast connection, b-cuz its a HUGE download for all the cards.

Oh yea, and Unreal Tournament 2004[/url]

Return to “Mac Uplink”