Macs get screwed again

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

HellforLeather
level0

Postby HellforLeather » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:29 pm

I agree, get a real computer. Three cheers for Macs...
God, I hate it when that happens...
monsquaz_uplink
level1
level1

Postby monsquaz_uplink » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:53 am

nope
Last edited by monsquaz_uplink on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:14 pm

/me applauds monsquaz

Very very true.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NightWind
level2
level2

Postby NightWind » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:44 am

Not to bash Windows or anything (despite my MacAddict subscription), I recently read a letter in a magazine about a Windows user who got so mad at his PC for it crashing so often that he made his system look like Mac OS X. Personally, I'm more impressed by his skills to do that than his decision to do it :D

*Much* more impressed.
SilentDragz
level0

Postby SilentDragz » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:30 am

Sorry to drag up this old post again, but I spent £1200 on a brand new 20" iMac G5 a couple of months ago. It's my first mac.

The verdict? I'm impressed. It's fast, the OS is simple yet advanced, it's stable - I've only ever had to reboot for OS updates.

The cons? The mouse and keyboard that come with it - but they're no real problem, just go out and buy yourself a logitech mouse and a cheap USB keyboard, problem solved.

I now have 2 PCs, a P4 laptop and my iMac and I must say, I love them all. Equally.

/SilentDragz
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:41 pm

Definately a old topic to dredge up.

Each to their own. They all have pros and cons, and it depends what you are looking for in all honesty.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:23 pm

The Cockroach is far more numerous than the Human.

Does that mean the cockroach species is greater than the Human species? No...

To each his own. If you want to run windows, your bad. It's your choice.
bendnlsn
level0

Postby bendnlsn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:51 pm

If I might give my two cents

Microsoft was around when DOS was the ONLY OS. Macintosh was the first to publish the desktop design, which microsoft promptly copied for their computers. Granted, the menu bar was put on the bottom, the desktop icons were moved to the left and the trash became the recycle bin, but it was basically the same thing.

Microsoft, however, made it a bit more complicated. You no longer had the hard disk on the desktop and installed files were not easily manipulated. What I mean by this is that apps or files could not be moved to other files. If I install a game off a CD, it goes to a seperate file for that game's company, then a file within for the game.

I find that the interface of Windows computers could be easier to navigate. Instead of going through a series of menus from the start menu, I want to be able to open my HD from the desktop, open my Games folder, then PRESTO! All my games are right there in front of me.

Also, Microsoft does not have many original ideas to it's name. As mentioned before, they were second with the WYSIWYG idea, and consequently the mouse. They were first with multi-button mouses, but that is a matter of preference (it works either way). They were second for CD drives and ZIP drives. They have Office to their name, but the applications require either a lot of experience to use or a class to understand.

Another argument on pricing. Take, for example, Alienware. These computers cost over 6,000 dollars at times. Why? simple question, simple answer. It's because they are high quality. They are made for speed, ram size, ect. Same with a Mac. They cost so much not because of supply and demand, but because of quality. Each Mac computer comes standard with Ilife (Imovie, Itunes, ect) Bluetooth, firewire, ethernet, modem, a full warranty system, as well as a set of apps and games. Windows computers are often the bare minimum, with other components coming optionally. They are also rather boring. A black box.........

Macs, especially the towers, are easy to open. the old G4 towers had handles on the side. Pull the handle up and there you go, the computer is open.

So, why are Macs so rare? The price is definitely a problem, but you pay for what you get. The mac mini's are 400 dollars and they are still a good computer! I think its because of Bill Gates. Gates was rich before he ran microsoft. He could afford heavy advertising. The Computers were cheap, and lots of people were only too eager to pay for technical support. Hence PCs become mainstream.

Until now....

Now, with the new Intel Macs, a single computer can run BOTH operating systems! You get the sleek look, all the great apps and features AND you can use Boot Camp to install Windows XP to your Mac computers and run it natively!

Kudos to Macintosh for building bridges!
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:19 pm

You just bumped a 1.5 year old thread.
Congratulations.
bendnlsn
level0

Postby bendnlsn » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:32 am

I'm proud of my work :)
Dark Matter
level0

Postby Dark Matter » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:48 am

meh? Want to see something funny? Ok if you cant remember what you really posted or havnt seen the pages 2-4 on this site, then go to page 1, read all of it, then skip to page 5, put a time card in between saying "1 hour later", now read the 5th page. I laughed.... :lol:
I am that which is there, but never visible to the naked eye, I am |)ark (V)atter. . .
rookie10276
level0

Postby rookie10276 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:43 am

...anyway, back to the real subject. Bendnlsn, the only problem for me is my intel mac isn't compatible with my mac uplink. To me, this is a dilemma. Because I don't have enough money to spend for the Windows XP OS and PC uplink.

Return to “Mac Uplink”