Gamebible stupid mistakes [spoilers]

Have a chat about out new freebee

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Skaramuche
level0

Gamebible stupid mistakes [spoilers]

Postby Skaramuche » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:44 am

I am trying crack the GB myself. I do not want you to just give me any answers, please. I want to say that first.

Now, I got the bonus disk in all its awesomeness--the manual is simply one of the niftiest things I have seen in my lifetime--and so naturally after looking through everything else on it I started trying the gamebible, and because I noticed the manual but only by accident I looked over the rest of the box for the password. It seemed fairly obvious once I started looking--a string of characters on the back, near the bottom, just under the Introversion URL. Except it didn't work. So I poked around and tried some other stuff, didn't work. I found a guide that had a hint; "look outside the box" is fairly obvious, so now I'm almost completely sure the string I saw is in fact the password. I've tried it multiple times, very carefully to make sure I'm copying it right, with the letters in all upper and all lower case; nothing worked. Is this just not the password at all? If not I'll just keep looking and find it myself. If it is and it's just not working because of some simple problem at about the same level and having it in the wrong case, something that isn't about being smart and figuring it out but just an annoying clumsiness of the technology, please tell me.
We can dance if we want to/And if we don't, then nobody will
Krell
level2
level2

Postby Krell » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:48 am

So close yet so far.

There are other number systems besides decimal, y'know? More "computer friendly" ones. Such as binary, hexidecimal, exponential...
InterNIC: Created to save agents everywhere
Skaramuche
level0

Postby Skaramuche » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Heh. I figured it out like half an hour after I posted this and slapped myself on the forehead...seems pretty obvious. How could I have missed that none of the letters go higher than F?...Thanks for the help.
We can dance if we want to/And if we don't, then nobody will

Return to “The Bonus Disk”