Book 2 Decrypter

Have a chat about out new freebee

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Eddie1506
level0

Book 2 Decrypter

Postby Eddie1506 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:05 pm

I created a little tool that will decrypt Book 2 with just a few clicks...

If anyone is interested, here is the link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4245645/Book ... t.exe.html

I hope it will be usefull to someone...

NOTE: It requires .NET Framework 1.1 to run...

NOTE2: For now, you'll have to decrypt all files at once (52 jpegs + readme.txt) for it to work, and the filenames must be the original ones.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:10 am

Whilst this tool would be very useful, I reccomend to people that they don't use it, as the fun of book 2 is figuring out how to decrypt it yourself.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
01mareva
level1
level1

Postby 01mareva » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:09 pm

I know, I know. Yeah its cheating. But What are the decrypt files the program mentions?
Eddie1506
level0

Postby Eddie1506 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:56 pm

@ReflectingGod I know. I made it for those who know how to decrypt it, but are too lazy to go through the whole process of decrypting. :)
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 am

Fair enough.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Deadlock
level0

Can't get it to work

Postby Deadlock » Tue May 09, 2006 8:50 pm

I have searched the forums and read all topics relating to book 2 used the decrypter that you supply and I still can't figure out how to do it I have books 3 and 4, have used every decryption technique and can't figure out how to break up the mp3 file. I have decrypted the readme.txt in book 2 but none of the jpg files are readable please help me as I have spent so much time on this I am about to give up. I do know something about cryptology and technology, I just can't figure out what the frequency codes or the other codes on the html page are referring to.
He who walks the rows knows all.
cr8390
level0

Re: Book 2 Decrypter

Postby cr8390 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:37 pm

Eddie1506 wrote:I created a little tool that will decrypt Book 2 with just a few clicks...

If anyone is interested, here is the link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4245645/Book ... t.exe.html

I hope it will be usefull to someone...

NOTE: It requires .NET Framework 1.1 to run...

NOTE2: For now, you'll have to decrypt all files at once (52 jpegs + readme.txt) for it to work, and the filenames must be the original ones.

Ok how do u use this program i dont get it. Which is the Key file and which is the book files??? Please Help!!!! Thanks!!!
Eddie1506
level0

Postby Eddie1506 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:47 am

Since there are many questions on how to decrypt book 2 and use this program, I will give you a crash course.

Beware, using this program will get your book 2 decrypted, but it was not my intention to help you get the book 2 by cheating. It was ment to help in process of decrypting for those who already know how to do it. Given that, I won't post any details how to decrypt the book manualy, you have to do that. It's fun and you can learn something new. I'll only post the details on how to use the program.

First of all, the key file. The key file is the largest file in uplink folder. If you open it in a hex editor, you will notice something at the begining of the file. Do a search on this forum with what you see there and it will tell you what you have to do with the file before decrypting the book 2. Once you've done what you're supposed to do with the file, press Open key file button in the my decrypter and select the the NEW world.dat file.

Second, press Open book files button and find book 2 files and select ALL of them INCLUDING readme.txt and all jpgs. There should be 53 files in total. Press OK. Now all that is left to do is press Decrpyt button and decrypted book 2 will show up in "decyrpted" subfolder of your book 2.
Stone Halk
level1
level1

Re: Book 2 Decrypter

Postby Stone Halk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:22 pm

Studing Book 2 Decrypter has been a fascinating experience, unraveling mysteries with each turn of the page. Amidst this literary job I've found essay service to be a valuable helper, providing writing review help and supporting my analytical approach to decoding the narratives within the books.

Return to “The Bonus Disk”