plz help

Have a chat about out new freebee

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

swatgod
level0

plz help

Postby swatgod » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:13 pm

ok i been here to these forums for quite a while just never registering or well basically keeping my distance but now i really need help. i love the game and been playing for quite soem time until recently i found out about the gamebibles and i got into the first without trouble at all. but now that i got my hands on gamebible 2 i got trouble. i been up and down and everywhere on these forums and others trying to figure it out and i am close but yet it feels like i am so far away from the goal.

what i got so far is i decoded the world.dat file into world.mp3 and i got the otp program and soem info about how world.mp3 is indeed soem sort of a key file and i looked up info on otp. now what i do not understand really caus eof all the confusion given to me in any posts i find about this thing. am i suppose to break up world.mp3 into key files or what and if so how cause the only mention of any sort of program that might d that i can not find anywhere at all, plz help me and do not be severely mean to me like i seen so often in the past on these boards, thank you kindly in advance.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:41 am

Note: this post contains spoilers!

Hey, welcome to the forums!

You are definitely on the right track, and you are right in thinking that you need to break world.mp3 into keyfiles.

The first thing to consider is how big these files need to be. Say the first gb file to decrpyt is x bytes in size, the first keyfile is the first x bytes of the mp3, then if the second file is y bytes, the next y bytes of world.mp3 make the keyfile for the second file, and so on.

As for breaking up the files, that is something that could be done manually, using a hex editor or similar, or you could write a small program to split the keyfiles for you. Then it is just a case of running the otp program using the keyfiles to get the gamebible.

Good luck!
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
CR45H_uplink
level1
level1

Postby CR45H_uplink » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:41 pm

I have made a program to do all the hard work, if you want it?

You can have the source code too If you're interested
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:59 pm

ReflectingGod wrote:

Why is everybody a lot nicer when they're not in the general forum?
I wasn't here.
CR45H_uplink
level1
level1

Postby CR45H_uplink » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:54 pm

I can't help being nice it's in my nature

Whilst I'm here anyone who wants the proggie can email me:

crash.uk@virgin.net
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:57 am

dunetrooper wrote:
ReflectingGod wrote:

Why is everybody a lot nicer when they're not in the general forum?

I'm always nice! :D

But seriously, when people seem to have made a reasonable attempt to help themselves before posting, they tend to be better recieved.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:19 pm

Exactly, we appreciate people who try before hand to do it themselves. The people I tend to tear into tend to not even bother trying, and expect us to hand them just because they want it. We do not spoonfeed idiots. We had to work it out ourselves, if we can, all the rest of you can too.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
F.behemot
level0

Postby F.behemot » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm

[size=24]POSSIBLE SPOILERS:[/size]

Help poor guy form Poland! :?
:idea: Look, here's what I know:
ONETIMEREDSHIRT files can be decrypted when I delete 'ONE' from them with Hex edit
I then need OTP software (or any XOR soft)
To decode them finally, i need to split world.mp3 into parts, and I only need half of it (size of book2 is half of world.mp3)

:?: What i DON'T know is:
Is there anything in that file that marks cut places.
What does the hint in bonus disk (with frequencies) mean.
Do I really need the data form that hint?

Please, help me a bit. Tell me, if i'm wrong somewhere, and something i don't know. It's in my mind for few weeks now.

:!: Another idea is that all *.jpeg have the same header. So i could XOR encoded header (after decodidng with redshirt) with good one from another *.jpeg and i would have the pattern i should look for in world.mp3. But i'm still not shure wether do I de-shirt it properly. I need you, guys! Helping hand would be welcome!

Return to “The Bonus Disk”