Simply Uplink on Steam?

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Shadewing
level0

Simply Uplink on Steam?

Postby Shadewing » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:44 am

As I can't find anything here through the search, I thought I'd ask everyone.

Has anyone got the "Simply Uplink" mod to work with the Steam version of Uplink?

This is my favorite mod and now that I've got the time/money to get back into gaming I'm really irritated that it's not working. Is it just me that's having the problem?

Help from anyone would be great as my only other option is to install a pirated version alongside my steam version just to play the mod, and I like Introversion too much to be happy with that.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 am

Nearly every mod in existence was created for Uplink 1.3. The current version of Uplink is 1.54 or 1.55 (I'm not sure which version is being pushed through Steam). Most mods, aside from graphical overhauls and LANs, are incompatible with the new version of Uplink.
Shadewing
level0

Postby Shadewing » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks for the quick reply mr _anon. Steam is pushing 1.55, I checked my changes.txt file.

I have to say bugger though, Simply Uplink made the game so much less frustrating, not easier , just smother.

Second question to everyone... Anyone know who the original modder for Simply Uplink was? Or how to contact them? So I can get the mod source.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm

In order to get the mod source and do anything with it, you are probably going to have to get the Uplink DevCD. I'm pretty sure that it would be illegal for anyone with access to the DevCD to give you mod source code based on Uplink's source code. Once you have the DevCD, you will also have access to the developer forum, where there might be people who can help you.
Keio
level0

Postby Keio » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Shadewing, I don't know if you actually read the ReadMe file on the Simply Uplink Mod :

Simply Uplink
A Mod By Agito

Goal: To make uplink easier to use, and more enjoyable to play. Less nitpicking.

Features:

File Deleter: Doesn't close after each file you delete

Voice Analyser: Finally finished the save feature. Using the file copier you can load in sound clips into the databank at the bottom of the analyser, so you won't have to re-record any voices. Saved voices take up 3 gigaquads

File Copier: Version 3 should be working properly now, compresses files if they're not compressed already

Map: Locations that are critical to any missions you currently have should be highlighted in blue. This should make locating dots on the minimap easier.

Delete: Added in a nifty "resign" feature to the login screen so that you can delete unwanted characters. I think it's cool, keeps it in character.

Emails and Missions: Updated the email list, works extremely well now. Buttons flash when you have a new email or a new mission, very critical
logdeleter is no longer "needed" for lognuke to work. Seemed extraneous

Bounce-list on the map is saved in a file, so that it does not disappear after quitting

Emails and missions no longer line up on the bottom of the screen, but appear in a separate interface relieving clutter

Added new program, lognuke, which completely destroys a log in one click

Added two new versions of file copier. Version 2 automatically sticks the file in your databank. Version 3 also does a one-time compression of this file

Added new buttons in stock market that let you buy in bulk

Reduced amounts transferred in "Trace recent balance transfer" missions.

You can click on passwords in passwordonly logins. Saves a lot of time, especially for internic.

Display bank ip for each account on the finance screen.

Other misc. Fuddlings, let me know what you think.

Feel free to leave comments on the message board, or you can try emailing me at darkagito@yahoo.com, but I probably won't get it. Download at your own risk.

Also.. have you even played version 1.55?

Because all features this mod had are included in the final version of Uplink.. Except for the bank IP's and the Stock button (which would be great by the way).

And... as you can see, the first and last lines are:

A Mod By Agito
...you can try emailing me at darkagito@yahoo.com...

So yeah.. before getting irritated as you say, you should probably check if what you are saying makes any sense :)
PayneMacLeod
level0

Postby PayneMacLeod » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Emails and missions no longer line up on the bottom of the screen, but appear in a separate interface relieving clutter

Oops. They still do that in 1.5

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”