No Data folder?

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

danielxrxdavis
level0

No Data folder?

Postby danielxrxdavis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Hey folks, I was roaming around the closet the other day and ran into a bunch of older games I had packed up and pulled out old Uplink. Well after seeing it I got the thirst to play it again, so I installed it and had some fun with that. Well I was hoping to find some mods to download for it and some custom made gateways too. After reading through some posts on here I noticed custom gateways need to go in the data > gateway folder... but I don't have a data folder. I'm not sure what is wrong. I do have a DAT file called data.

I was reading that there has been some trouble over various copies from SF, though I'm almost 100% sure my copy was bought directly from the Introversion website back in 02-03. I'm going to provide some screen shots right now of my Uplink folder as well as my copy of Uplink.

Any help is appreciated.

Link to Photo's and Screen shot. (This should take you to a gallery of 4 pictures on Image Shack. Please let me know if it doesn't work.)

http://img36.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picture029rxt.jpg
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 am

It doesn't exist by default. Just make it.
danielxrxdavis
level0

Postby danielxrxdavis » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:02 am

Mmm yep, that got it. It seems so simple when you look back on it... Ah well, thanks a bunch. I guess I was paranoid and thought I had an illegal copy.
FourMoreErrors
level1
level1

Postby FourMoreErrors » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah, the DATA folder is not made by default because it wasn't used by anybody except modders.
"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Jordan Peters

"Don't think outside the box...Think like there is no box."
- Unknown
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:42 pm

This topic was last active over a year ago, and the original poster only ever posted twice (in this topic, even), so it is quite likely that he is gone forever. There was no reason to bump this topic.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”