Connection Bouncing

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

bladecs2002
level0

Postby bladecs2002 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:32 am

I am borred of connection bouncing and it takes a lot of time... don't you think that they should make a script aditor for uplink with wich you shoud bounce your connection without click-ing that screen ?
Don't tell me to save my bouncing because i use this but it doesn't remember the saves when i start the game again. And when I am in a game and bounce on all ip's and i save the next mission i have to do it all over again if the ip i have to connect to is in the middle of the bouncing chain.
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:24 am

You have already made this topic on the Bug Reports forum. Please do not do it agin.

For the answer to your question, you might want to try out Simply Uplink as it saves your connection in a file which will not go even if you exit Uplink.
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
bladecs2002
level0

Postby bladecs2002 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:49 am

Simply Uplink, cool, that's what i am talking about... but to be able to do it in the game and to be able to add coments to it
Tinky
level2
level2

Postby Tinky » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:47 pm

save your connection and load it every time, it quicker but you'll only end up in one place ,If you understand what i'm saying
my favourite kind of poos:
Sweetcorn poop
Tar-mac poop
Pesa
level1
level1

Postby Pesa » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:05 pm

everytime you make a connectiont for a big job, (that you will prob need to connect to over and over again, Some lans, or if doing huge removel jobs or what evere) save it so then you dont have to do that huge bounce over and over again for the SAME job
XxXxPESAxXxX
lum1988
level2
level2

Postby lum1988 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:11 am

i find that hacking lans is a pain not only for the money but it takes ages especially since i have all the banks and several mainframes along withthe normal thing

i hate when you save the route and you loose one of the connection on it
This is the best game going.
i am waiting for Halo 2 to come out
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:32 am

If you just use the Uplink systems and the banks you get a long bounce time and have a nice base path that works for just about everything (you shouldn't loose links off it).  You can always add more systems on after you load this base route if you need the time.  :)
Forever Zero
level1
level1

Postby Forever Zero » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:09 am

I don't find it a pain to reload my list, and I have a good size list of bounces. I use about five or six of the public access servers along with the standard Uplink bounces, and I usually have a bounce in increments of 8 or 9, and I am usually done by the time it is halfway through my trace.
Auron - "I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too, but I changed nothing. That is my story."
- FFX

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”