Simply uplink

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Starman555
level1
level1

Postby Starman555 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:15 am

Hey man, just let me start out by saying that this is the best ****ing mod for anything that i've seen in my life, good for you! :D anyway i have a problem. Sometimes w/ your mod, when i complete a mission, i go to reply to it, and i get NO ANSWER at all. If you could fix this I would appreciate it. You're doing great on this so far, so keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

EDIT: wow! 5 pages, this Mod is really popular!
HACKING ACROSS THE GALAXY!
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Fri May 14, 2004 2:32 am

Hey all. Thanks for the great feedback

You will be able to see the game over screen whenever you want now.

I'm almost done with the deadlines. Also I'm looking into a way to make the map screen less of a headache, but nothing concrete yet.

As for 640x480, I'll try to do what I can but my monitor can't run the game at that resolution so I can't really do anything about it for a week or so until I get home.

Now, I like where the mod is going, but would you guys like to see more content? (like new plot, missions, etc...) or would you prefer more interface updates to make life easier.

Let me know

Back to work,
Agito
Vizzerdrix
level1
level1

Postby Vizzerdrix » Fri May 14, 2004 6:52 am

All this stuffs to simplify the game is damn cool and I really hope to see this mod included in the Uber-mod, but only keeping "Simplify" as the main goal is kinda adding too much barriers for the mod. I'd love to see more security system/devices, missions, servers, plot or features in a future version of Simply Uplink. I would surely start playing the game again, like I did when this mod or the FBI mod were released.

BTW, will the bugs where you could accomplish "Elite agent required for system destruction" missions without doing anything 'cause the server was already destroyed at the begining of the game and this issue with the File Copier v3.0 and the 'steal database' missions be corrected in the next update?
Starman555
level1
level1

Postby Starman555 » Fri May 14, 2004 11:47 pm

You could always just keep the origanal version you get w/ the gateway. =)
HACKING ACROSS THE GALAXY!
hardwarder
level0

Postby hardwarder » Sat May 15, 2004 11:30 am

hmm if your monitor can't set it to 640x480 then maybe you can set it to windowed mode in 640x480 also can ya add a feature for the autobouncer to make to do a last bounce at the same company when the target is a mainframe?

great mod keep up the good work
Kros
level1
level1

Postby Kros » Mon May 17, 2004 4:16 pm

Vizzerdrix wrote:All this stuffs to simplify the game is damn cool and I really hope to see this mod included in the Uber-mod, but only keeping "Simplify" as the main goal is kinda adding too much barriers for the mod. I'd love to see more security system/devices, missions, servers, plot or features in a future version of Simply Uplink.

Shamless plug, not meaning to take anything away from Simply Uplink, but, Im working on a sub plot mod that adds new missions, a sub plot, mabye some new programs, and some new hardware, if its included with Ubermod along with Simply Uplink, then there wont be much to worry about.

~Kros
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Thu May 20, 2004 10:46 am

Sorry about the lack of updates, I'm in the middle of finals season and it ain't pretty.

Anyways, I have a small update that most of you should like.

I added a filter to the worldmap, so you can sort out that mess of a bounce screen.

I also fixed a few buttons for 640x480. Let me know what else doesn't look right in that resolution

As per usual, let me know what you think.

I'll keep on crackin' in the meantime

Agito

Download simply uplink at:
www.geocities.com/darkagito
Compgeek79
level1
level1

questions

Postby Compgeek79 » Fri May 21, 2004 3:01 am

i'm having a few small problems:
1. I can't figure out how autobounce works, i've tried opening the map running autobounce w/ all the options checked and clicking a link, that didn't work, i tried running autobounce then opening the map and clicking a link, that didn't work either

B. i'm using file_copier 3.0 and i like that it automatically drops it into my memory bank, but when i do the "copy and secure a database" missions, i get all the files, decrypt them and upload them to the fileserver of the company who hired me, but they keep saying i didn't get everything, is this a problem with the auto-compression feature?

as for suggestions for future versions, how about adding in a way to verify that you have enough memory BEFORE ARC sends you revelation, i've been burned by that before and i know others have too, (look in the hints and tips forum for problems with revelation) and it sucks some of the fun out when you can't do the storyline missions because you didn't upgrade in time
Remember that whatever you do in life, there is always someone who can kick your ass.

Awesome Browser-Based MMORPG

Simply Uplink
Compgeek79
level1
level1

error

Postby Compgeek79 » Thu May 27, 2004 1:33 am

i have the newest version of simply uplink, but i have a problem

my motion sensor is yellow because technicians are installing parts, but after i go into the game for about a minute it gives me a fatal error, and shuts down.

any ideas?
Remember that whatever you do in life, there is always someone who can kick your ass.

Simply Uplink
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Thu May 27, 2004 1:26 pm

I have a few ideas what the problem could be. What kind of hardware are the technicians installing?

Anyways, I have a new overclocking feature I'm thinking of putting into the game which should be neat.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me) I'm heading to europe tomorrow for about a month. So there won't be any updates for a while. Sorry about that, a real bummer.

I've really enjoyed everyone's feedback and I'll see you all in a little while

Enjoy in the meantime

Agito

p.s: I'll still be checking the boards so keep those ideas/bugs comin'
Compgeek79
level1
level1

not sure

Postby Compgeek79 » Fri May 28, 2004 5:35 am

i think it's either procs or mem, probably mem, but i already deleted the notifications

Simply Uplink
Compgeek79
level1
level1

more small probs

Postby Compgeek79 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:08 pm

just played another few hours of simply uplink, and i found a few small problems, and a possible bug.

first the game sees a difference between capital and lower case letters in filters and database searches, ian hill and Ian Hill aren't the same, but that's more of an annoyance than anything else

you also have to click the filter, search, or post button after you put in criteria, it's faster to just press enter, especially when you're trying to destroy a mainframe.

and the small bug, the database searches hardly ever found the name on the first try, it might have been a typo, but it happened during at least 4 or 5 different missions

Simply Uplink
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Re: more small probs

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:33 pm

Compgeek79 wrote:you also have to click the filter, search, or post button after you put in criteria, it's faster to just press enter, especially when you're trying to destroy a mainframe.

Yeah, I noticed that too; it is quite annoying...

I just downloaded the mod a matter of days ago, and I believe that anyone who cannot see the beauty of Simply Uplink is quite possibly THE most idiotic person in the world. Also, two more things I would like to suggest for the mod:
  • Making the Motion_Sensor one of the software applications you can set to always open on startup (it doesn't work for me)
  • EDIT: Just d/led the FBI Mod, nothing from Simply Uplink is in it (I was being naive), so instead I was wondering if the features of the FBI Mod could be added to Simply Uplink or vice-versa. It could be the next Ubermod!

Otherwise, it's an awesome mod. You're a genius, Agito! :D

(EDIT: Fixed the list set-up)
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
vomi7
level0

help

Postby vomi7 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:57 pm

i cant installl this mod, i download and install 2 dll files, but still i cant install this mod, i have fatal error. what i can do?
Compgeek79
level1
level1

installing

Postby Compgeek79 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:23 pm

the mod doesn't really install into uplink, it replaces it

what you do is put it into the game directory (c:/program files/...stuff.../uplink/) paste the simply uplink .exe file into that folder, then change your shortcuts to point to the simply uplink file instead of the original uplink file

thats how almost all the devcd mods work (fbi, Central Med, uMP3...)

Simply Uplink

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”