Lazarus

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

c0zen
level1
level1

Postby c0zen » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:21 am

i didn't like that there was just one main storyline in the game. i thought it would be cool if there were a few more so i decided to work on that.

i'm still far off but i'm working on another storyline for uplink that begins around august or so. after the revelation thing is way past. it will consist of 4 missions including awards for completing each mission and a few new systems to hack. not to mention a new program required for it.

i won't say much but i'll say that it involves a revival corporation to Uplink called Lazarus. Lazarus is another hacker agency that is in competetion with Uplink and wants them out of the way. story already revealing itself...

the program i want to make for the story line is caled 'nukeip' which is basically another way to destroy a system by merely typing in the ip address of the target. i'm still in planning here but i wanted to see about suggestions from anyone.
+--------- [ Agent (exe)cutioner ]
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:46 pm

A "revival company", do you mean rival perhaps? If you do, you are a bit behind on the news...already been done....in a huge way.....by myself actually in conjunction with a few other people...but most of it is still underwraps during it's development.

Still keep up the good work, I for one would like to see a few new storyline mods for Uplink, and new systems are always fun to play around with.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
c0zen
level1
level1

Postby c0zen » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:16 am

yes, i meant rival. it was 3:40 AM and i had been working for 13 hours straight. can't wait to get back home.

as for the storyline, of course there can be more than one "rival" company. make like an ongoing saga...like rocky. redundant in a way. haha. no really, thanks for warning me of my un-original plot before i got to involved in it. i'll work on it a bit more.
Radical Ed
level1
level1

Postby Radical Ed » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:21 pm

Nice idea, but I think a NukeIP program would be FAR TOO powerful and it would even let you destroy the Internet without Revelation's help! :P
Agent's Rating: Uber-Skilled, Notorious.
Vote for me! http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com/profile.php?Radical%20Ed
Coldfire26
level4
level4

Postby Coldfire26 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:13 pm

well, there shouldn't be revelation in a second stroyline
NukeIp is technicaly the same as relevation.

(Edited by Coldfire26 at 9:14 pm on Oct. 10, 2003)
I rock, and let no one tell u otherwise! :P
|My Profile|[
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:11 pm

the program i want to make for the story line is caled 'nukeip' which is basically another way to destroy a system by merely typing in the ip address of the target.

No, you got it wrong. He's talking about a program like IP Lookup, only it destroys the system. Revelation you must copy it and run it. But c0zen, the guys are right:

1. Find the IP of a system
2. Type it into the program
3. Enjoy.

That would make it way too easy. You could have it so you must copy it into the target and run it. (like Revelation) But that's just my opinion, go ahead and code it in if you want. I don't mind. ;)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
Coldfire26
level4
level4

Postby Coldfire26 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:59 pm

Maybe you can make it so you need only to connect to the computer (with admin access) and start it, and type the current IP, so it won't be too much like Revelation

(Edited by Coldfire26 at 3:00 pm on Oct. 15, 2003)
I rock, and let no one tell u otherwise! :P

|My Profile|[
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:50 am

But that might take too long for the bad typists. But, who cares? :biggrin:
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:53 am

Ha, I find that rather amusing. A revival corporation called Lazarus.
All of these sigs have been created in part by me! yay!
Squikel
level0

Postby Squikel » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:36 pm

a nuke ip thing command eksist in dos but most systems are protectet aginst ip whit a firewall
so you might make it only work aginst private computers and make some missions to take agents private computer out. in the game alle agents have a private computer whit an ip they use to dial the gateway.
"it is only called cheating if you are discovered"
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:11 pm

Yesssss....nuke IP....you, sir, obviously know your stuff.

All of these sigs have been created in part by me! yay!
Agent Zerro
level3
level3

Postby Agent Zerro » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:06 pm

On the contrary, i think that a NukeIP whould be an awsome idea, but it should be extremely hard to aquire during the game. I don't know, maybe make it very expensive (lots of credits).
Tinky
level2
level2

Postby Tinky » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:00 pm

NUkeip is a Cool Idea i have an idea for dev's, make nukeip then make yoor own company and start selling nukeip for millions of credits and also if your a developer change credits to dollars of pounds that would be cool
my favourite kind of poos:
Sweetcorn poop
Tar-mac poop
c0zen
level1
level1

Postby c0zen » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:02 pm

heh, been a while since i've posted on this. i've been busy. like to se people were a little interested in my idea...or bad typing...either one.
Linker
level3
level3

Postby Linker » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:24 pm

Please don't revive dead posts.

Linker

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”