level1

Postby c0zen » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:28 pm

it was all ready revived. :-P
+--------- [ Agent (exe)cutioner ]
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:30 pm

Yes it was, Tinky with his usual "I'm gonna revive dead posts because I have something useful to say".

In case any of you are mentally deficient that was sarcasm.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
TheHackMan
level2
level2

Postby TheHackMan » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:20 pm

About the nukeip thing, mabye you could only us it when the targets firewall and/or proxy is down.
That would 'balance' things out (a price tag of 50k is my offer for it)
- - - Watch this space - - -
Linker
level3
level3

Postby Linker » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:24 pm

THM, you suck.

Linker
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:34 pm

STANDARDIZED IDIOT REPLY FORM (tproc edition - v3.2)

Directed to: Linker

You are a: (check all that apply)
[X] Lamer
[X] Flamer
[X] Loser
[X] Spammer

Your post was: (check all that apply)
[X] Lame
[X] Stupid
[X] Abusive
[X] Clueless
[X] Boring
[X] Dim

Your attention is drawn to the fact that: (check all that apply)
[X] You posted something totally uninteresting
[X] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[X] You made no sense
[X] You are a loser

It is recommended that you: (check all that apply)
[X] Get a clue
[X] Get a life
[X] Go away
[X] Grow up
[X] Never post again
[X] Have your medicine adjusted
[X] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[X] Find a volcano and throw yourself in
[X] Get a gun and shoot yourself
[X] Actually post something relevant
[X] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea of what you are doing

In closing, i'd like to say: (check all that apply)
[X] You need to seek psychiatric help
[X] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[X] *plonk*

(Edited by Corruptation at 10:08 pm on Feb. 24, 2004)
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:51 am

I think it's because he keeps bumping dead posts...
agent glitch
level0

Postby agent glitch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:09 pm

i think nukeIp should be a secret program being developed by the government (or any other shady organizatiion) and that the ONLY way to get it is thru intensive hacking.... let's say... the data is transferred to multple fortified servers on a SCHEDULE... (you might try hacking the servers just to learn the schedule..) and the agent has to track it down.... copy the file... decrypt it... and ensure that the government lackeys don't find no trails...

PLUS.... since nukeIp is such an uber program... rival agents would try to steal it FROM you....(cue in the Lazarus monkeys)  ergo... uplink should install patches which allows us to set up our OWN defenses against rival hackers.... (maybe even a program which can generate fake random ip address for you... or somethin'...)

i've also thought of a cool way on HOW the nukeIp can be used in the storyline.. (other than cause random mayhem) ...

listen> the government was experimenting on a "smart virus" (a virus with a high AI) in preparation for war in the cyber-realms... the virus was stolen and THEN released into the net.....
the virus keeps jumping from one server to another.. totally annihilating it...
so what you do is... find it... isolate it.. then NUKE the ip of the server it is currently in....
i guess.. the question now would be who would be crazy enough to have stolen it in the first place...
or even crazier to stop it... hmm....

i dunno... but it's swell to have more storylines being developed for uplink....
CrashWorship
level1
level1

Postby CrashWorship » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:48 pm

I'd steal it (just for the challenge) But I dont really know that I'd release it,...how about if it copied itself to two or three addresses from my e-mail and  into the owner's computers? My job would then be to track it down after the originators realise I've stolen it and instead of reprting me to the Uplink agency they send me an e mail demanding that I make reperations for the damage I've caused by chasing this elusive bugger down and nuking it...Of course this wouldn't be easy because it would jump from one infected system to another just as I arrive at the one it just infected. Something would have to slow it down for me to catch it though,...perhaps some large company's mainframe has an anti virus prog running and while this wouldn't stop the virus it would slow it down as it tries to negotiate a "work around" for the anti-virus prog. I could nuke it there or simply enter the console and hopefully shut the system down before the virus succeeds in defeating the anti-virus prog. and jumping to yet another system. Perhaps if I'm not fast enough it could infect and damage Uplink's systems effectively ending the game. (My suggestion will only create more work for whoever was modding this storyline so please diregard it. Such is not my intention,...I just like sounding off about things that catch my interest. If I had one tiny bit of modding skill in my brain I'd help out most definitely, sadly I lack in experience).
Earth = 12.76 x 10+6 = 12,760,000 meters wide
(12.76 million meters)Plant Cell = 12.76 x 10-6 = 0.00001276 meters wide
(12.76 millionths of a meter)connections are everywhere if you just know where to look.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”