We want Uplink II

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

lovrec
level0

Postby lovrec » Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:17 pm

I was playing this game for a long time but one day it was no more good day. We want changes. We want Uplink II. When?
Èe je še kak Slovenc tuki naj mi pošle E-mail. You don't understand thsese words, sorry.
Sergey
level0

Postby Sergey » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:18 pm

Yes I want TOO!!!!!!!!!
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:12 am

I wouldnt hold your breath guys, Introversion arent working on Uplink 2. IF (and thats a big if) there is ever an Uplink 2, I wouldnt put any money on seeing it this side of 2005.
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:24 am

Just relax guys. Chris has said before that there is plenty of life in Uplink yet. I'm sure we will see new patches come out down the road and new features, but it will take time.
There is no patch for human stupidity.
AgentAnubis
level0

Postby AgentAnubis » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:31 am

I'd rather see new patches than a sequal. You can do so much more with that which is already there, than with something that doesn't exist. ;)

Oh, and Icepick, I love you man! <3
In a friend sort of way, that is. lol

(Edited by AgentAnubis at 4:31 am on Feb. 11, 2003)
Beware...
[Jackalware Corporation]
Agent Fire
level1
level1

Postby Agent Fire » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:32 pm

If introversion wanted to make uplink 2, what would they do to stop it from being a remake or addon pack - uplink is a hacking game... Uplink 2 would be another hacking game. Except maybe with more missions. Or a 3D logo in the corner. And if they are being adventurous, new music. And possibly a new green colour scheme. Hey, I'm coming up with quite a game here :-)
Agent Fire
Joe Hart
level1
level1

Postby Joe Hart » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:56 am

I think Uplink 2 would be cool. But it would have to be an expantion pack otherwise i would have to start all over again.

(Edited by Joe Hart at 8:57 am on Feb. 18, 2003)
Volmarias
level0

Postby Volmarias » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:39 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a drastically longer story arc. The Arunmor vs ARC storyline just didn't last long enough.
Kejistan
level1
level1

Postby Kejistan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:57 pm

You're right the Arunmour vs ARC just wasn't a long enough story.  Maby they could add more story lines, Like Protovision vs ********* or something.  They wouldn't even need to make a new game they could just release it in a patch.
Another Great quote from W. Bush
"Now days most of our imports come from other countries."
MrE
level0

Postby MrE » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:19 am

More <kWaRk> secrets like introverision i.p and protovision game server too, i liked those <kWaRk> not just ****** v.s ****** storylines either how about help someone escape jail and get their life back on track, or topple the greedy corporation missions etc.
<KwAaAaAaRk>
ReMeMbEr, A PeNgUiN iS NoT jUsT FoR ChRiStMaS, It'S fOr PeRsOnAl SaNiTy.
Kejistan
level1
level1

Postby Kejistan » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:04 am

Yea that would be interesting but that escaped jail and wants to get life back on track would end up being just like the clear criminal record missions.  Adding more secrets to the game is a MUST!!!  Topple the greedy corporations would also be interesting though i think it would end up being like just a bunch of destroy computer missions against the same company.

Well Definately more secrets!
Another Great quote from W. Bush
"Now days most of our imports come from other countries."
zaxxon
level0

Postby zaxxon » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:36 pm

i have been playing the massively multiplay game of asherons call for a little over a year now, and they do a good job of makeing the storyline expand with many patches, if the developers were feeling adventourous, i am sure the same could be done here. as for an uplink II i think the only way to make it seem like a different game rather than an expansion, would be give the hacking aspect a complete new GUI. make the whole thing 3d much like the game shadowrun for the sega genesi (wow that shows my age) that game had an interesting graphics set up for the hacking stuff. anyway thats my thoughts good luck people

Remember, off the logs, before you log
Enallyniv
level2
level2

Postby Enallyniv » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:41 pm

Mmmmm... Sounds sweet. I like it in a game when you can take down a huge corporation with the touch of a button. I think it should have something like the remnant forces of ARC revive (snip! not putting the name of it in an unspoilered thread...) and release it. Maybe add effects like meltdown the screen when you are captured. I got a bit of a shock the first time I was caught and disavowed, with my screen suddenly blacking out!
demonixz
level1
level1

Postby demonixz » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:49 pm

What happened to Uplink Online? Sounded like a game with a much better lifespan to me.

Not to mention - another coup in uniqueness terms.
Sex and geekiness are not mutually exclusive.
MrE
level0

Postby MrE » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:33 am

Zaxxon Shadowrun <KwArK> was on snes I think. not <rIbBiT> genesis. Great game though.
And the escape jail missions wouldn't be like the Clear Criminal Record because you're not just clearing a record you're helping them escape jail and maybe helping them hack a bank to get more <kWaArK> money.
Topple greedy corporation could be stuff like change mcdonalds burgers recipe into fried snakes or something. <KwAaAaArK>

(Edited by MrE at 1:36 am on Feb. 26, 2003)
ReMeMbEr, A PeNgUiN iS NoT jUsT FoR ChRiStMaS, It'S fOr PeRsOnAl SaNiTy.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”