Programming Language

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ryacko
level1
level1

Programming Language

Postby ryacko » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 pm

What programming language is the game in? I might considering buying access to the source code, but of course I need to know the programming language it's in.

Have a few ideas, such as removing the more grindy aspects of the game (replacing manual bouncing with a more automatic function with the penalty of time lag between commands), and a functioning economy, political system (maybe not more complex then Liberal Crime Squad's), and more Hollywood-style hacking. Like stealing Bruce Wayne's identity and using it to make stock trades, or hacking into the MI6's air conditioning system... to cause an explosion. (I suppose turn off the pilot light for the heater make it explode?)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

C++
Nigma
level0

Postby Nigma » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm considering the same as the topic poster. I would realy like to get my hands on the source and take a look around, learn a lot of new things and over months if not years add new features and turn it into one of my own visions. Basically turn it into my personal pet project.

However doing a little research I found posts saying a lot of the original code has been outdated and you cannot compile it for now-a-day's machines. Is this true?
Does this mean a complete rewrite is in order? Would that even be feasible?

Return to “The Future”