Deeper Story?

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Do you think Uplink is capable of having a bigger story?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 20
Mackilla
level1
level1

Deeper Story?

Postby Mackilla » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 am

For people who have played the storyline, do you think there should be a bigger story? If so, what would be a good idea?
What is normal?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 pm

maybe a story line where you can set up uplink for something, I know you can do that anyway but i mean like a good/bad guys think, where whichever you side with gets you software and bonuses
digital_obsidian
level0

Postby digital_obsidian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I think Uplink should just have another storyline after the ARC/Arunmor storyline is completed. Maybe even each storyline within the game could lead to a final monumental storyline of sorts.
Everything that has a beginning has an end.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:23 pm

i dont think that it would be possible for both to lead to a new story line, as we all know where both story lines lead, so certanly one could, but not both
digital_obsidian
level0

Postby digital_obsidian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Right so if you got through the Arunmor storyline successfully - because the siding with ARC leads to the game over screen, doesn't it? - then it could lead to a new storyline I'm thinking. . .
Everything that has a beginning has an end.
Mackilla
level1
level1

Postby Mackilla » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I haven't been on for a while and am surprised a few of you think this is good :o I was actually expecting some trolling :lol:

Anyway...

digital_obsidian wrote:Right so if you got through the Arunmor storyline successfully - because the siding with ARC leads to the game over screen, doesn't it? - then it could lead to a new storyline I'm thinking. . .

That's exactly what I mean. After the Arunmor storyline there should be either a new story or an extended story. An extended would be like (kinda taking a shot in the dark here, since I haven't done the story but accidentally saw spoilers) "Most of the Andromeda personnel that worked on the project were arrested/hit save one or two..." You get the idea.

I personally think that a different storyline would be better, though.
What is normal?
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:36 am

Someone suggested a lot earlier that the storyline could include military aspects of the game (at the time they were talking about making one game merging DEFCON and Uplink together, with military commanders and hackers working together to gather intelligence/assets/etc), although even just a storyline about maybe a military contract would be cool, that varies depending on where you put your VPC.

Return to “The Future”