Failure to launch etc

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

nyaau
level0

Failure to launch etc

Postby nyaau » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:34 am

soons i heard about uplink online on the introversion site (ABH ABH) I knew i had to do something...

so i'm working on a version of uplink entirely built in MUX 2. (used to make text based worlds, research it if you're interested)

the multiplayer aspect is already there, since mushes are entirely multiplayer, all that needs to be coded is...well everything. already got a working gateway prototype and software that installs/uninstalls.
pros are, it's all really easy to build, cons are, art is limited to ascii. but if you ask me, that makes the atmosphere all the more authentic.

anywho, if there are any mushcoders out there that want to hit me up, drop me a PM.

if anything ever gets done, it will be super cool

(i'll drop a link once i get hosting arranged)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 am

That's cool, the only thing I don't understand is the thread title..?
nyaau
level0

Postby nyaau » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:30 pm

oh i was just messing around.

given how easy it would be to connect (any machine with a telnet client can hook up), the growth potential is huge.
who knows :D
nyaau
level0

Postby nyaau » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:13 pm

i remember in the gamebible devbro was talking about how in order to compensate for the fact that nobody wants to sit around and wait for an email to show up, he added in the ability to speed time up.
that's fine in singleplayer, but you can't realistically do that in a multiplayer game, so what do you do?
i'm also all for adding in quests/missions to acquire certain pieces of software instead of just letting players buy anything and everything as soon as they have enough money

and i'm gonna try and work in the drugs and johnny mnemonic stuff that devbro never got to add

thoughts?

Return to “The Future”