Uplink Clone for Facebook

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

kovert
level0

Uplink Clone for Facebook

Postby kovert » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:59 am

First off I'm really tired of playing crappy games like Mob Wars on Facebook. It is so BORING.

Many on this forum would like to see a Uplink 2 (Yes, I know it won't happen. No need to remind me.) or a multiplayer clone. Many have started...many have failed. Anyways, rather than just talk about how wonderful it is I've created a short video of what it would look like if I was making such a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XHQ8h7Q6cw

And I am working on such a project. Will I become vaporware too? I hope not because I love going out of my way to prove people wrong.

The interface would be fairly similar but the game play will be different. There are still some major challenges specifically player interaction. We can't all be framing each other for crimes we didn't commit. We all can't be marking each other deceased. How would I find out your true identity anyways? Will it all be a bunch of missions? Maybe the game play will be more like CTF...who knows. I have plenty of ideas but nothing that would make it a "game". I don't want to make a exact clone...I want to take the things I liked and improve upon them and expand them. I think I'm off to a pretty good start...what do you think?
madelinax
level0

Postby madelinax » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:02 am

How could someone be accessing my facebook and myspace accounts? Someone is getting into my facebook and myspace accounts and blocking people and erasing messages. This is a personal vendetta and not a typical interent hacker... I've changed pwords and emails on file with both accounts. What else could I do?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Notice how what you posted has almost no connection to the above? If you're not a spambot, I'd say you picked the wrong place to ask for advice. This is a games forum, not a security forum.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

lebalusch
level0

Postby lebalusch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Any updates on the facebook development of the game? maybe i can stop my poker addiction playing this instead on facebook lol
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:57 pm

First and only post about this: over one year ago. It's safe to assume the project is as dead as all the others.
Buadset
level2
level2

Re: Uplink Clone for Facebook

Postby Buadset » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:27 pm

Good day. What sets ClickASnap apart is its monetization model, which allows photographers to earn income based on views of their content. Unlike platforms that rely heavily on advertising revenue, ClickASnap recognizes the value of content creators and directly rewards them for the attention their work generates. This creates a direct connection between the audience and the photographer, and ClickASnap reviews say it encourages the creation of high-quality, engaging content.

Return to “The Future”