If there is no Uplink 2/Online, why is this forum here?

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Would changing this forum to "Fan creations" be a good idea?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 19
TBF01
level1
level1

If there is no Uplink 2/Online, why is this forum here?

Postby TBF01 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 pm

If there is no Uplink 2/Online, why is this forum here? I mean, that's what a majority of the posts are about. "Ideas for future addons and sequels" is sort of a bad thing to put if you've already decided that you're not going to make any sequels or add-ons. Maybe you should change it to "Fan creations" or something? It would make a lot more sense.

Then again, I'm not exactly doing too well on my video game development company, so I'm probably not the best guy to listen to...
Now known as "Zander", apparently.
Akatosh
level2
level2

Postby Akatosh » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:18 pm

I think you've got a point there... renaming this subforum might reduce the number of "OMG I AREZ GOT AWESMOE IDE FOR UPLNIK2!!11!11!1" topics, too.

/EDIT: I make a post with two sentences, and one lacks the verb... :roll:
This is not a signature.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:17 pm

In theory, someone could go "good idea, that" and that steal it for their own with the power of the DevCD and a half-decent C++ compiler.

However, I don't think Miah needs any more. He's pretty much rewriting Uplink as it is.
TBF01
level1
level1

Postby TBF01 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:30 am

Mas Tnega wrote:In theory, someone could go "good idea, that" and that steal it for their own with the power of the DevCD and a half-decent C++ compiler.

However, I don't think Miah needs any more. He's pretty much rewriting Uplink as it is.

Who's Miah? And wouldn't people steal the idea anyway? I'm confused. @_@
Now known as "Zander", apparently.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am

TBF01 wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:In theory, someone could go "good idea, that" and that steal it for their own with the power of the DevCD and a half-decent C++ compiler.

Who's Miah? And wouldn't people steal the idea anyway? I'm confused. @_@

Miah works on Onlink, a DevCD mod for Uplink. I'm not sure what there is to be confused about, but Mas was suggesting that people might use the ideas for a DevCD mod if they're any good.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:03 pm

KingAl wrote:Miah works on Onlink, a DevCD mod for Uplink. I'm not sure what there is to be confused about, but Mas was suggesting that people might use the ideas for a DevCD mod if they're any good.

Still, that's wouldn't be Uplink 2. More like Uplink 1 / 2.00. I think the original poster has a point that IF there is not going to be a sequel, the forum name is odd (looking at the fact that The Future is derived more from Introversion's view, rather than fanmade mods). Take note that Uplink in Moderation serves the purpose of fanmade mods, so this forum might not be needed at all. That's my opinion, though.
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).
TheaN's Text Guide
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 pm

TheaN wrote:
KingAl wrote:Miah works on Onlink, a DevCD mod for Uplink. I'm not sure what there is to be confused about, but Mas was suggesting that people might use the ideas for a DevCD mod if they're any good.

Still, that's wouldn't be Uplink 2. More like Uplink 1 / 2.00. I think the original poster has a point that IF there is not going to be a sequel, the forum name is odd (looking at the fact that The Future is derived more from Introversion's view, rather than fanmade mods). Take note that Uplink in Moderation serves the purpose of fanmade mods, so this forum might not be needed at all. That's my opinion, though.

The word 'moderation' has nothing to do with 'mods' - mod is short for modification ;) so no such other subforum exists. The future is the future is the future, Mas's interpretation is reasonable. Re confusion, I was replying to the post directly before mine, not the original post.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:34 pm

KingAl wrote:The word 'moderation' has nothing to do with 'mods' - mod is short for modification ;) so no such other subforum exists. The future is the future is the future, Mas's interpretation is reasonable.

*slams head into wall*

Man that's stupid. Looking that the said forum was mostly about mods I thought about it and never thought anything else. XD. What is the moderation forum for, in general?
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).

TheaN's Text Guide
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:45 pm

Not sure, but I'd guess that while The Full Game would talk about Uplink itself, Uplink in Moderation would talk about related things, like the acceleration of increasing processing power or RAM, or quantum computing (0s and 1s, no more!), or something; how increasingly (un)real Uplink seems, perhaps.
-=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=-
level0

Postby -=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=- » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:43 pm

i read: The Future YEY!

hmm.. The 1st thing that comes to my mind: UPLINK 2
why havnt the subforum changed yet?

Don't complain if users ask/dream about uplink 2.. the introversion server in uplink, when it tells us about uplink2, and the ideas...
Most users will go: "AWESOME! i cant wait to get it! hmm, lets google it quick, maybe it's out by now..."
or something like that... :lol:

Obviously people are gona want to talk about it, and have new ideas, etc....
.\/.
@

Return to “The Future”