Keyboard Shortcuts

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

nakana
level0

Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby nakana » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:40 am

This topic has come up in other posts, but I think that it merits its own thread.

Here are some ideas that would really ramp up the speed of gameplay in my opinion.

1. Control gamespeed with numbers (i.e. 1-pause, 2-play, 3-fast, 4-uber)

2. Disconnect should be as simple as ESC. Perhaps CTRL-C.

3. "Speed Dial" shortcuts. Let's say ALT-1 thru ALT-9 are placeholders for IP addresses. I would make ALT-1 take me to InterNIC, ALT-2 to Uplink Internal Services, and other mission specific calls that I might make several times.

4. OS-like shortcuts. One of the toughest parts about making this game must be the fact that it looks and feels like an operating system. I find myself wanting ALT-TAB, CTRL-W, and a "Run..." dialogue box where I could quickly launch a program without having to click on the "Start Menu" a hundred times. An ideal solution for quick launching programs may be to give users the ability to define keyboard shortcuts for programs on an as desired basis.

I'm hoping that others can dig in and think of some good shortcuts. This would make a killer patch.
NAKANA
Kimundi
level0

Postby Kimundi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:31 pm

I just read it by looking on Google. I was wondering if there was shortcuts for Uplink...

It would be great, is there no add-ons or features like this ?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Look at when that was posted.

September 11 2007.

There is none.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
DimitryZ
level0

Postby DimitryZ » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:13 am

One of my pet peeves is that you cannot press "enter" in the IP_Lookup tool. You have to click the "GO" button.

This is damn inconvenient in IP-intensive missions, such as hacker tracing or the last storyline mission.
kabucha
level2
level2

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby kabucha » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Hello. I actually heard about the keyboard cover and when I first found out about the existence of this thing, I thought it was pretty useless, but after I went to my friend's house and saw such a laptop keyboard cover there, I changed my mind, because it is actually really useful and helps protect the keyboard from dust and crumbs. I can advise you to read this article to learn how to properly use such keyboard covers. I hope my advice is helpful to you. Good luck!

Return to “The Future”