New Idea For Agent Security Mod

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

MadDickClaus
level0

New Idea For Agent Security Mod

Postby MadDickClaus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:38 pm

Whassup people? (Yes, this is about mods, so don't think I'm an idiot by you only reading the first sentence.) I got a problem that's biting my @$$ big time. You know that there is a gateway, (The third one I believe,) that says you cannot be caught with it? I still got caught with it.

Anyone know how to ensure total security?

I know that's kind of gay and cheating (Considering my occupation), but I always think differently with games.

Or... Is anyone up to the challenge of creating a mod that would add a system to the market, that you can buy, which would make it impossible for you to get screwwed over?
Bungo
level0

Postby Bungo » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:30 pm

What version of Uplink are you running? The patches make it so that you can still get traced with the wireless gateway. Where's the fun if you know you can't get caught?

I seriously doubt anyone here would make a mod to make you untraceable. That means someone has to go to a lot of effort just because you're too lazy/stupid to delete two logs from InterNIC.

One of the main reasons I play Uplink is because of the atmosphere of the game. If you suddenly become immune, the game is ruined. Without it's atmosphere, Uplink is a really shit game. In all honesty you'd have to be retarded remove the biggest thrill from the game.
MadDickClaus
level0

Postby MadDickClaus » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:20 am

LOL! I guess I'll agree with you, considering that in my personal occupation... never mind. I just get pissed cuz when I play uplink, it's hard to get passed a certain point, being that I'm a little absent minded... yeah.

Can you give me any strategy tips of your own? Or maybe useful links?

Uplink is a little different from reality, and it takes a little more effort for human beings to come after you. The game has a mind of its own.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:29 am

Try www.modlink.net . Icepick's Ultimate Uplink Guide is full of useful hints for ensuring you remain at large. :)

* also can we not use "gay" as a derogatory term.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Re: New Idea For Agent Security Mod

Postby Montyphy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:35 pm

MadDickClaus wrote:I know that's kind of gay and cheating (Considering my occupation), but I always think differently with games.

MadDickClaus wrote:I guess I'll agree with you, considering that in my personal occupation... never mind.

Are you hoping one of us is going to ask you what your personal occupation is?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Bungo
level0

Postby Bungo » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:59 am

I reckon he's a hacker. A real live hacker.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:06 pm

You shouldn't say things like that. It will only encourage him to tell us and that's exactly what he wants, an excuse to tell us.

Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:20 pm

What? Another "real life hacker"? We had one of those about a week ago in the hints and tips forums. We proved rather easily he was nothing of the sort.

Nice to also see that fucktards use sexuality as an insult.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:49 pm

Yeah, but he's allowed, cause he's a Real Life Hacker, Seriously, Honest, With Algorithms And Everything.
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
MadDickClaus
level0

Crushed

Postby MadDickClaus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:23 pm

Oh, I'm crushed. I can see where you'd be confused about the facets of hacking vs. a video game. I also love the kindergarden philosophy concerning "Fucktards." I wouldn't be shocked for a second if you didn't understand what a real hacker is.

A man who manipulates items to find new means to use them and/or ways to change how it works. That's a hacker.

Unfortunately, I see that a young punk follower like you would believe that a hacker is someone who enters a computer to take a piss in it and say, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm cool!!!"

Did I offend you by saying Gay? Maybe you know a little more about GAY then I thought.

Good day gentlemen!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:31 am

Oh, a slur against my sexuality. Oh, the originality, the wit, the utter bore.

Grow up kiddo. Seriously, you are impressing no one.

Regardless MadDickClaus, while that is indeed the original meaning of hacker, which no one is debating mind you, the current iteration of the word tends to refer to someone who gains access to computers through covert means. Most people who come on here claiming such things tend to be treated with scorn because this is about a game, not hacking, or cracking, and the game is in no way realistic.

With regards to "hackers" or script-kiddies, I deal with plenty on a daily basis, it is part of my job. They fail to impress me, and it really does not matter.

With regards to my sexuality, it's no concern of yours, but yes I quite probably do know a lot more about being gay, or in my case, bisexual.
Last edited by Rkiver on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:15 am

I guess we hit a nerve.

FrostShard
level5
level5

Re: Crushed

Postby FrostShard » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:47 pm

MadDickClaus wrote:I love the kindergarden philosophy concerning "Fucktards."

Kindergarden philosophy? What, the kind of kindergarden philosophy like "Being gay makes you a shitty human being," kinda philosphy, you mean?

MadDickClaus wrote:Unfortunately, I see that a young punk follower like you would believe that a hacker is someone who enters a computer to take a piss in it and say, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm cool!!!"

Erm... no. But as a rough guideline for starters, a hacker is someone who doesn't come onto a public bulletin board and go "I h4x I r teh r0x0rz !!!!!1!11!!!1!"

MadDickClaus wrote:I wouldn't be shocked for a second if you didn't understand what a real hacker is.

A man who manipulates items to find new means to use them and/or ways to change how it works. That's a hacker.

Uhh... yes... I take it you do realise that, by your logic, standing on a chair to change a lightbulb makes you a hacker?
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:06 pm

I notice he states specifically man. Surely that's a bit sexist?
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:55 pm

FrostShard wrote:Yeah, but he's allowed, cause he's a Real Life Hacker, Seriously, Honest, With Algorithms And Everything.

Return to “The Future”