There will be NO Uplink 2 or Uplink Online

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:27 am

atihack wrote:Listen. i'm just gonna be straight up with this. i know u said that theirs not gonna be an online version, but just think of how much better it would make it. plus if u could talk and interact with other hackers uplink could become huge and so could IV's wallet. u could also create drag and drop or simple code software and system designers, so u could build your own software(e.g. log deleter, proxy disable and ip lookup, then you just type in the ip u wanna clear all logs on) and systems to keep your software on. u could even create your own companies and recruit hackers to steal or delete rivals software for you, and the list goes on. you never know uplink could be the next warcraft. Uplink has huge potential. don't let i die as an ugly duckling let it grow into a swan.

So write the game yourself. IV have no interest in making another Uplink, and have said so on numerous occasions. While it is nice to get paid and be able to pay the bills, IV are not in this for the money as much as they are in it out of creative interest. If you want to see an online multiplayer hacking game, you are going to have to make it yourself, or pester someone else.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:35 am

Or play the crappy web games.
_black_cell_
level0

Postby _black_cell_ » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Is it hard to program the game´s codes and files?
DarkZero
level1
level1

Postby DarkZero » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:32 am

i understand why they ask it but they are still retared for not reading this topic. because when you go to the introversion server it gives you the idea that they want to make uplink2 but they aren't.
Ven
level0

Postby Ven » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:31 am

What a pity the messenge is!
Uplink is a so wonderful game! :?
marksteele
level0

Postby marksteele » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:24 pm

meh i just play some of the standalone tcm mods that are out tehre some of them are just as good as uplink two with new storylines, new websites, new tools ect. i belive that there is an uplink two and that it was made by all the coders and modders who pu countless hours into creating new mods for our enjoyment
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 pm

marksteele wrote:meh i just play some of the standalone tcm mods that are out tehre some of them are just as good as uplink two with new storylines, new websites, new tools ect. i belive that there is an uplink two and that it was made by all the coders and modders who pu countless hours into creating new mods for our enjoyment

You can believe it's called the tooth fairy, just because you believe it does not make it true.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:36 pm

An update from the Xfire live chat.

abandon22: きにょう|Спэцтер (1specter1): I know that you already said there won't be Uplink 2 or Uplink Online - but I will ask it once again, maybe something has changed? Or at least are there going to be anymore Uplink patches?

There are no plans for Uplink sequels, sorry! We like t make games, release them, then move on
neckro
level0

Postby neckro » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:00 am

i can`t understand introversion. is end of 2008 and people still ask for a multiplayer version of uplink. MAKE A DAMM ONE !!!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:12 am

neckro wrote:i can`t understand introversion. is end of 2008 and people still ask for a multiplayer version of uplink. MAKE A DAMM ONE !!!

What part of no don't you idiots get?

They don't want to.
patamonkid
level1
level1

Postby patamonkid » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am

Rkiver wrote:
neckro wrote:i can`t understand introversion. is end of 2008 and people still ask for a multiplayer version of uplink. MAKE A DAMM ONE !!!

What part of no don't you idiots get?

They don't want to.

They probably don't get the letter o in it. It looks so much like a 0, which makes them think prequel. Not online or a sequel, so technically not covered by the title of the thread. :D
vatolsk
level0

Unfortunate

Postby vatolsk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Would have enjoyed either
Last edited by vatolsk on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Before bumping old threads in order to insult the various members of these fora, would you please learn to weild the English language properly?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Re: sanity?

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 pm

vatolsk wrote:sanity is for people with lives xP seriously though. i took a browse just at the titles of forum post that had anything to do with Uplink 2 and it actually made me feel kinda bad for those individuals (and i thought my life was bad xD) now i understand why everyone on this forum is an uptight bastard!! i think anyone who comes here on a regular basis should stop and go see a bloody shrink cause there probably more gone mentally then i am. i think the community that still revolves around this game brings the term super nerd to a hole new level xP

Revolves around this particular game? No. But a good community did grow out from this game. Not that you'd be part of it or understand it.
neckro
level0

Postby neckro » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 am

Rkiver wrote:What part of no don't you idiots get?

They don't want to.

even if you have 4000 posts in here don`t give you the right to make people idiots !! Swearing can we all

Return to “The Future”