There will be NO Uplink 2 or Uplink Online

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Agent Vincent
level1
level1

Relax, I know there will be no Uplink2 or Uplink:Online but,

Postby Agent Vincent » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:30 pm

You know how Arunmor doesn't even let their admins know about framing the ARC CEO...
no one knows i'm a ninja.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:35 pm

That's nice
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Agent Vincent
level1
level1

Postby Agent Vincent » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:55 pm

It is, it makes Uplink2 possible. Doesn't matter what they say, people change their minds.

no one knows i'm a ninja.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:20 pm

Agent Vincent wrote:It is, it makes Uplink2 possible.

No it doesn't...

BANKLOOSER
level1
level1

Postby BANKLOOSER » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Look i know its been said theres not going to be an uplink online.but i think uplink is fun as a single player but if its online(dont make it realmake it like they hack ur gateway) u can just like upload ur gate from the single player version its make it evan better but i know introversions working on defcon i have nothing agaisnt that i just think that they can work on uplink online when there not codeing the shit out of defcon.id buy uplink online like 7 times just hearing the name gets me all freaked out :roll:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:35 pm

BANKLOOSER wrote:Look i know its been said theres not going to be an uplink online.but i think uplink is fun as a single player but if its online(dont make it realmake it like they hack ur gateway) u can just like upload ur gate from the single player version its make it evan better but i know introversions working on defcon i have nothing agaisnt that i just think that they can work on uplink online when there not codeing the shit out of defcon.id buy uplink online like 7 times just hearing the name gets me all freaked out :roll:

I'll tell you this now, no one will bother reading what you write because you are writing like this.

Hacker101
level3
level3

Postby Hacker101 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:10 pm

Montyphy wrote:
BANKLOOSER wrote:Look i know its been said theres not going to be an uplink online.but i think uplink is fun as a single player but if its online(dont make it realmake it like they hack ur gateway) u can just like upload ur gate from the single player version its make it evan better but i know introversions working on defcon i have nothing agaisnt that i just think that they can work on uplink online when there not codeing the shit out of defcon.id buy uplink online like 7 times just hearing the name gets me all freaked out :roll:

I'll tell you this now, no one will bother reading what you write because you are writing like this.

That's EXACTLY how he's writing. :?

I tried to read his post, but it went straight over my head.
AgentExeider
level1
level1

Postby AgentExeider » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:48 am

I heard Introversion doesnt do sequels

My question is.....Why??

I would like to know why.

I mean is it an Artist's thing, a UK think or what. Im not trying to be an ass or anything. I just want to know.

I mean, ive read the manifesto, so i might think its an artist thing, and how they dont like to revisit old works. But to be honest, while I do consider Video Games, artful and impressive. I dont understand why, if the fans are wanting it, then why wouldn't it be considered at least.

It seems at least from my POV when reading the forums, the fans would like to see an Uplink 2, or an Uplink Online. So why wouldnt you think about it. Now im not saying drop what your doing and do that. But its one of the things you can add into your cycles when you consider your next project. or at least next free space in the development cycle.

I'm currently learning about building games in school, and once i finish I would be willing to throw my hat in the ring on any Uplink 2 or Uplink online project if one ever happens.

But regardless of my possible involvement. I would still like to see something come about from this. because to be honest alot of good games have been made better by having an online component. and Uplink has sooooo many possibilities. I mean i had an instance where it would of come in handy when I was hacking a complex Lan. I could see the possibility of such a thing like coop hacking and such, or counter-operative hacking, watching out for the bad guys who are real people trying to track you down. and so on and so forth.

I know someone will reply with a negative comment about this. But I still believe its a good idea that shouldnt be tossed out.'

Sincerly
AgentExeider
Uplink, Darwinia, and Defcon Player
St34LtH
level0

Postby St34LtH » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:56 pm

People seem awfully militant about the No Uplink 2/Online...

So when is Uplink2 :Online, coming out?

o.O

/me covers eyes
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:48 pm

AgentExeider: They don't do sequels as they feel once it has been done, they move on.

St34LtH: STFU n00b. :P
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
starfoxx
level1
level1

Postby starfoxx » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:10 am

As cool as all of thees ideas are I think IV has the right to leave it be because if they get involved in a sequel people will want to see more security more difficult security, better by passers, crackers, etc. they would be getting into a lot of work when they be putting out another innovative game. Look at Darwinia and Defcon i wouldn't ever give those up for a Uplink 2 no matter how much they said they would put in it. As for online they are way too many ways you could exploit the game world how much fun would it be for to have 200 people sitting in the InterNIC logs swallowing your IP every time you route through it and then immediately hacks and deletes everything on your term? (Sure they could like PC's ingame and not let you access but people would whine and complain either way)
Turner
level0

Postby Turner » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:37 am

So are they coming out with an uplink 2?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:53 am

Turner wrote:So are they coming out with an uplink 2?

Next Thursday

DAE_JA_VOO
level0

Postby DAE_JA_VOO » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:14 am

Montyphy wrote:
Turner wrote:So are they coming out with an uplink 2?

Next Thursday

No they changed the day, it's now next friday. Just thought i'd let you know ;)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:17 am

Return to “The Future”