Better Stock Market Hacks

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Better Stock Market Hacks

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:30 pm

This may or may not be feasible, but I'm putting the idea forward anyways. Currently, as you are no doubt aware, your options inside the International Stock Market System are limited. You can create an account to trade shares, or hack the admin account, which only gets you shares-trading and log access. My idea is to make hacking the Stock Market a little more fun. Perhaps you would get a mission from a company asking you to cause a panic amongst a certain company's investors and/or shareholders by forging a press release from say, the company's spokeperson, claiming that a widespread accounting scandal (a la Enron) has been discovered within the top echelons of the company, and that the execs have illegally made off with millions. Fast forward 3-6 hours later, the shares tank, and you send your "Mission Accomplished" e-mail off to your employer. There would probably also be an appropriate news report on the Uplink ISM, something like: "Company X suffered a massive blow today as a press release from the company spokesperson revealed the details an accounting scandal amongst the top execs of the company. Investor confidence fell as prices of Company X shares dropped sharply." Tell me what you think!
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:54 pm

So you have the DevCD and are going to code all that into it?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:01 am

Rkiver wrote:So you have the DevCD and are going to code all that into it?

Err, no, I don't have the DevCD, and even if I did, I know nothing about coding! :) This was just a suggestion to anyone interested, and someone's who's probably far more knowledgeable about this stuff than me to boot. Like Agito, or neott, or someone like that.

Uplink Directory Dossier
Gateway_Order
level1
level1

Postby Gateway_Order » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:22 am

NeoTheOne, thats a good idea about the Markets in Uplink, but you run into problems trying to modify the current code. Its possible but it will take hours to complete. Are you planing on doing it yourself?

Not to get your hopes down but it will take countless hours to modify. :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Gateway_Order on Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The time of Order is upon us...
PiD4x
level1
level1

Postby PiD4x » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:20 am

Gateway_Order wrote:Classified, thats a good idea about the Markets in Uplink, but you run into problems trying to modify the current code. Its possible but it will take hours to complete. Are you planing on doing it yourself?

Not to get your hopes down but it will take countless hours to modify. :?: :?: :?:

why countless hours?

well a fair amount of time maybe is required to make the new mission type

I been thinking about the stock of compays being effected more when you get a mission to destroy data & take the main frame out, so it reduces the stock of that company and increases the stock of its competitors (i.e. the company taht highered u to do the job) - the first time i had one of those missions i went and bought shares in teh company that highered me thinking it would effect the share price greatly, and more or less 'over night'
Gateway_Order
level1
level1

Postby Gateway_Order » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:50 pm

I say countless hours because i really dont know how good the programming skills of Chris is, since i never talk to him nor know much about him, but seeing the game uplink and his new project and all that hes done... I take back the countless hours part and just say "a few hours or so"... :) ok peace all
The time of Order is upon us...
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:17 pm

Gateway_Order wrote:NeoTheOne, thats a good idea about the Markets in Uplink, but you run into problems trying to modify the current code. Its possible but it will take hours to complete. Are you planing on doing it yourself?

Not to get your hopes down but it will take countless hours to modify.

NeoTheOne175 wrote:Err, no, I don't have the DevCD, and even if I did, I know nothing about coding! :) This was just a suggestion to anyone interested, and someone's who's probably far more knowledgeable about this stuff than me to boot. Like Agito, or neott, or someone like that.

Does that answer your question? I couldn't do the coding if I wanted to. This is a request for some knowledgeable programmer (one who's worked with Uplink's code before) out there to see if it's feasible, and if so, do it.

Uplink Directory Dossier
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:48 pm

I implemented a feature so that you could change stock prices in the admin account, didn't work too well though
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:08 pm

Darksun wrote:I implemented a feature so that you could change stock prices in the admin account, didn't work too well though

Didn't play nice with other mods? :)

Uplink Directory Dossier
lastfortoday
level0

Re: Better Stock Market Hacks

Postby lastfortoday » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:30 am

There is no hacks, only skill in stock market work. You simply need to feel when to buy and when to sell.
And also join the music like this while trading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKVq-P3 ... I&index=27
theblisterexists
level2
level2

Re: Better Stock Market Hacks

Postby theblisterexists » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:21 pm

The stock market is really quite difficult to make money on. You have to put a lot of effort and study a lot of information. You also have to find a good broker, and that's probably the hardest part. I can help you, though. In my opinion, you have to pay attention to this site web.
To my mind FBS is one of the best brokers at the moment. They give their users the possibility to trade with 1:2000 leverage.

Return to “The Future”