An idea for a Mod (or a patch)

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

JRITBJ
level0

An idea for a Mod (or a patch)

Postby JRITBJ » Tue May 04, 2004 2:57 pm

I have been playing Uplink for about 6 months and I decided to post this topic. I believe some might find these ideas interesting. Please understand that I didn't have time to check the hole forum so some of these ideas might have already been posted in other topics.

First of all, there should be small yet important changes, all those who already used the Simply Uplink mod (the recent one), know that there is a 3rd version of the File Copier wich Encrypts the files it copyes, that is an interesting function wich should have been implemented as an Encrypter (versions 1 to 7 to match Decrypter versions). Another idea is a CheckBox (or something like that) wich allowed us to keep the file copyer and the file deleter (but could also be implemented in more programs) for multiple copyes/deletions, please note that this idea was implemented in the Simply Uplink mod but in a diferent way. The last idea is to make the HUD improvements a single file (such as "HUD"), this file might get bigger with more improvements but I think it'd be better if it would only take 1 GB, or if you really want to save space, on the other hand these could be hidden and could avoid occupying space, I mean, every OS has a certain system files, an Uplink's are hidden so why shouldn't the HUD improvements be hidden to.

For all mod Developers, please consider these ideas.
Uplink Rulez !!!
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Tue May 04, 2004 3:06 pm

Erm, well as you said, most of that has already been implemented in one way or another.

As for the smaller HUD things, that isn't a good idea. All software takes up space, and as fairly complex pieces of software, the HUD upgrades should be fairly large pieces of software. The argument about hidden windows system files is fatally flawed. Just because you can't see em it doesn't mean that they aren't taking up space...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
JRITBJ
level0

Postby JRITBJ » Wed May 05, 2004 4:14 pm

"Every OS has a certain system files, an Uplink's are hidden so why shouldn't the HUD improvements be hidden to."

Perhaps you are right, maybe someone could fix that ?, anyway, I wasn't quite finished back there, I had to leave the Net for quite a while, here are my other ideas :

There could also be random virus around the Net, and you would need Anti-Virus to fix this. There should also be more software purchasing sites, not hardware as that would mean someone would know your gateway's location but some software sites wich would sell stuff like Virus, Anti-Virus, etc.

I will keep submiting any ideas that I remember.
Uplink Rulez !!!
Corruptation
level5
level5

Re: An idea for a Mod (or a patch)

Postby Corruptation » Wed May 05, 2004 4:47 pm

JRITBJ wrote:there is a 3rd version of the File Copier wich Encrypts the files it copyes

It compresses, not encrypts the file.
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
JRITBJ
level0

Postby JRITBJ » Thu May 06, 2004 1:14 pm

Sorry about that, the thing is I never used that version, but that is also a great idea isn't it ?. Anyway thanks for the heads up.
Uplink Rulez !!!

Return to “The Future”