Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

BOFH
level1
level1

SHODAN Mod

Postby BOFH » Tue May 04, 2004 2:35 am

I had an idea for a mod.

Have you ever played System Shock (or SS2)?

If you have, you probably remember SHODAN.

What if Shodan backed itself up on a CD, and labeled it "Pandora's Box", and now, 10 years later, somebody found it and put it in their computer.

Then Shodan gets re-activated, and uses that computer as its slave, making it do whatever it wants.

Then Shodan learns of Revelation, and goes on a search for it, hoping that it can assimilate Revelation and upgrade itself.

Out of the whole world, YOU are the only one who has the last remaining copy.

Shodan finds your computer, and sends you an email with a trojan horse hidden inside it. You open the email and the trojan begins sending Revelation to Shodan.

Then, 2 days later, The story hits the news "SHODAN IS BACK".
Your heart jumps. Remembering being trapped on that space station with that thing trying to kill you. The memories haunt you to this very day.....

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP IT

what do you think of my idea? Its an original, that's for sure.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Tue May 04, 2004 8:50 am

Yeah, but where does the actual gameplay come in?
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Tue May 04, 2004 9:50 am

Interesting - I've played System Shock, when I was young.

I didn't complete all missions in Uplink :) so Relevation is a bad virus from ARC/Arunmor ? And SHODAN should be other virus - like brother of Relevation, but SHODAN is more powerful and can 'eat' the Relevation for its own use/experience ?
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
BOFH
level1
level1

Postby BOFH » Tue May 04, 2004 9:15 pm

The storyline comes in when you notice your computer acting strangely (the trojan), and you decide to investigate. you discover the virus and attempt to trace its origin. but Shodan isint centralized anymore... It has merged with Revelation and now it is a de-centralized AI.

To answer your question cyberluk, Revelation IS a virus, however Shodan is not.

Shodan is a computer AI, it used to be the AI that ran Citadel Station (a space station), however, Shodan went heywire (im not going to tell you why, as the plot of System Shock is very good), and now it wants to destroy the human race. Maybe, cyberluk, you can have this as a storyline for Flashlink. Just give me a credit :D
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Wed May 05, 2004 1:29 pm

That.... sucks.

And how can you say it's original when it's stolen from another game?
BOFH
level1
level1

Postby BOFH » Wed May 05, 2004 2:08 pm

Its an original MOD, not an original GAME. Besides, i haven't seen any REAL plot mods, so i thought this would be a good idea.

Return to “The Future”