Some Ideas

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Jaygee
level2
level2

Some Ideas

Postby Jaygee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:04 pm

I had some ideas for uplink, but implementing them would require the DevCD, which I don't have, so here they are:
1.) An application that could compile databases into programs. think about it. you could steal hidden programs that actually do something, or even have missions to do this.
2.) An AI security system, where you talk to it for a few sentances, it analyzes your personality, then checks it against that of the admin. How do you crack it? Simple, you hack into there research server (or internal services machine to avoid creating a new type of server), compile an override progam using the database of AI research and load into it the personality of the system administrator (contained as a data file on the server) and let that talk to the AI console for a bit.
3.) A compression utility. And a decompression utility. Save space on your hard drive, and still get all the money on a 'copy a database' missions.
4.) An encrypter. 'Biotech Inc. was set back by several million credits due to a malicious hacker encrypting their data with an ultra-secure cypher'.

If you want to use these ideas, or just tell me they're crap and unimplementable, post here. (creator of simply uplink: post here if you don't want people using the compression idea, I just thought it would de nice to be able to save space on your hard drive, and still get all the money on a 'copy a database' missions)
But do you have the questions is perhaps a better question. Only when you know the right questions to ask can you have any hope of getting the answers you desire.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:21 am

1. Not sure entirely what you mean there...

2. Very difficult to implement I would have thought....

3. Already done.

4. Erm, possibly....
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
agent_disconoodles
level0

Postby agent_disconoodles » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:53 pm

"Senitent" AI Enermies whould be a good idea. "newsclient: Rouge artifical inteligence runs amox in warehouse facility." it could reprogam various systems, control bots etc
Noodles are evil... They eat me in my dreams
Jaygee
level2
level2

Postby Jaygee » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:47 pm

Yes, but what abvout my AI security system idea, is it shite?
But do you have the questions is perhaps a better question. Only when you know the right questions to ask can you have any hope of getting the answers you desire.
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:01 am

Sorry to say this, but yes, I think it was quite a bad idea.
But I'm sure there's someone that likes it.
-SaBeR-
level1
level1

Postby -SaBeR- » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:18 pm

It would also be nice to be able to store more connections then just one. Cuz if you safe a connection now, that you need 2 missions later again, you can be bouncing again for some time.

It would also be nice that, when you stored your connection and you shut down the game, the connection is still there when you restart it.
Jaygee
level2
level2

Postby Jaygee » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:23 pm

*MOVED*

Yes, I've had another idea, this time about the elliptic curve encryption cypher. The way I see it, it would be better if the other security systems just said <ENCRYPTED> until you decypered it.
WarBorg
level4
level4

Postby WarBorg » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:51 am

Borg Online

agent_disconoodles wrote:"Senitent" AI Enermies whould be a good idea. "newsclient: Rouge artifical inteligence runs amox in warehouse facility." it could reprogam various systems, control bots etc

hehe I think some has been waching to much Oddisey 5 :D anyway AI enemies could be cool they would be like super iteligent virii out to cause real damage. I can just see it now heh like revelation wolud be like
Borg Offline
Last edited by WarBorg on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With The Best http://www.tvdarek.republika.pl
Die Like The Rest
BlueScreen
level2
level2

intllegent AI's

Postby BlueScreen » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:36 am

they've also been reading up on their William Gibson books, having AI based security is one of the main security features on the 'net in the neuromancer books (along with Black and white ICE)

although could have an AI based enemy in a scripted mission, whereby it takes over more and more system, and you need to delete it from it's central server to stop it.
Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything.  Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
<damn 255 char sig limit>

Return to “The Future”