Stopping LAN Traces

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Raistlin
level2
level2

Postby Raistlin » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:34 am

LAN traces are pain in the ass since there's no way you can slow them down without exploiting game bugs and it sucks when the main server is connected directly to the connection node (router/modem).

There should be a software ("LAN DoS" or something) that makes a lot of connections to a router or a hub and therefore stopping the admin from connecting to it. If you connect to a router or a hub and check their screen you will see that they always have a line like this "maximum connections: 16".

What do you think?
- Raistlin (a.k.a. Cheshire Cat ^..^)
Riddla
level3
level3

Postby Riddla » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:38 am

Sounds like a good idea, some kind of LAN_spoof_fakespoof software or something maybe? I don't see where the problem is though, it's easy enough to simply do missions till you can afford bypass monitor, proxy n firewall v5, also lan spoof scan force and probe v3, so the admin doesn't even start tracing you till you hit the server, and if you construct a good enough connection before you even hit the LAN, then he's got no chance, its in, copy copy copy, out, interNIC, log deleter v4 and ur away scot free...

[edit] with a shitload of cash too... [edit]

(Edited by Riddla at 7:39 am on Mar. 6, 2004)
*Riddla+*, when mind-bogglingly insane just isn't enough, they come to me.
Raistlin
level2
level2

Postby Raistlin » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:31 pm

Quote: from Riddla on 3:38 pm on Mar. 6, 2004[br]I don't see where the problem is though, it's easy enough to simply do missions till you can afford bypass monitor, proxy n firewall v5, also lan spoof scan force and probe v3, so the admin doesn't even start tracing you till you hit the server, and if you construct a good enough connection before you even hit the LAN, then he's got no chance, its in, copy copy copy, out, interNIC, log deleter v4 and ur away scot free...

Hah, have you tried to do a mission where you need to steal 9-11 research files from a LAN in which the main server is connected directly to the router? My respect to you if you manage to do that it in one go.

Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:48 pm

I think it will be better to chance the speed of the administrator's traces depending on the number of systems rather than stopping it completely.
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
Raistlin
level2
level2

Postby Raistlin » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:46 pm

Quote: from Corruptation on 2:48 am on Mar. 7, 2004[br]I think it will be better to chance the speed of the administrator's traces depending on the number of systems rather than stopping it completely.

You will still have the normal trace going...

Return to “The Future”