I`m making Uplink ONLINE !!!!

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:00 pm

Hi - again...Umm...PHP-Nuke yes :-) ...I think someone hacked my site, so people can`t login ;-)...it doesn`t matter...Yes I`m also developing my own portal...it will be something new...something that wasn`t seen before :-) But now I`m working on FlashLink...I have currently new version - milestone II (or smthg like that :) ). This new version IS standalone (.exe/.hqx) IS based on socket connection and doesn`t use any php scripts or mysql databases => better,faster . It also supports skins - so everyone can  choose if he wants something vector or bitmap based. The default skin FBlue will be purelly vector based - there will be also other skins like Matrix,Uplink(old),etc...

(Edited by cyberluk at 3:01 pm on Feb. 11, 2004)
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:52 pm

bump to the beat ;-) don`t let this topic die! I`m working on Uplink ONLINE everyday - my web is currently off ,cause I`m makin` some hw upgrades - but soon you`ll see new version of beta and new web(interactive - design from the game and integrated with chat,news,e-radio(you can listen to the news about hackin` from the game ;-) in english of course).
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:11 pm

I think it's time I step in here. cyberluk, this isn't your own personal place to post updates. Your site being hacked isn't my problem. Set something up on a free host like Geocities or Tripod or whatever until you get things in order.

Don't keep bumping this topic.

(Edited by Punisher Bass at 4:12 pm on Feb. 17, 2004)
There is no patch for human stupidity.
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:19 am

Ummm....ok - I`m sorry - but I`ve contacted the IV guys via email several times and they didn`t reply to me :-/ Now I know that my server was not hacked - It was by me,cause I`m not so good administrator....I`ve seen some other topics about Uplink and MMOG and contacted some people from this forum - they did some animations in flash,etc...And nobody have responsed :-/ I`m doing this game absolutely for free for Uplink fans(because I`m one of them) - but I can`t see any support :-/ - Do you think that IV can put a small link to my site ? Everybody does not read all forums posts and I want to let all people know ,that they can test a beta version,etc...I think that the first really playable mission (with connection bouncing,tracing,etc...) should be completed in one month. Maybe sooner. Thanks and bye 2all.

(Edited by cyberluk at 6:21 am on Feb. 18, 2004)
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:49 am

IV probably won't respond because they are VERY busy. Contact Icepick and maybe he can put a link on Modlink.

There is no patch for human stupidity.
Flast
level0

Postby Flast » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:38 am

Alright...
I came around to this forum at a time, and the last post of this topic was cyberluk saying his thing was online...
I laughed at myself, cause I saw that the guy had hardly been working a month or so and had already, ON HIS OWN, made a "working multiplayer version of Uplink". Now I don't want to sound sceptical... well maybe I do, but what I'm trying to say is that strangely enough, I felt that "something strange", like a virus or some kind of a web error. And, sure enough, the next day, the guy was postponing the release cause "his host had fucked up in some way" AND he was asking for donations! Here I come today, and what do I see??? PHP nuke, or some other bullshit.

Sorry if I'm wrong (which happens quite often), but it seems to me that this guy is taking the mickey out of you all and, by the look of things, you don't seem the least alarmed by how the release keeps being postponed for various and strange reasons and, despite his uber-w00t whatever skills at Flash, PHP and whatever else, by the fact that he can't seem to do a thing to fix all these probs.

Again, this is not an accusation, just a doubt I had and that I thought I should share with you all.
cyberluk: if my supposition is wrong, please forgive me.
              Else, buzz off, you stupid fuck.

(Edited by Flast at 8:39 am on Feb. 18, 2004)
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:10 am

Actually, there are some misunderstandings here.

cyberluk doesn't work on his own, he has a graphics designer and a game designer making a total of 3 people working. cyberluk also does not have loads of time to work on Flashlink.

If you are saying that the Flashlink site is down, I don't know why but now it's useless because administrators can't log in properly to make changes to the site. cyberluk is currently planning to open a new site.

Edit: I've missed the post before PB. It says that it was down because he is making some HW upgrades. But at least I am right about him making a new site.

A public demo has been released on the old site. It isn't postponed. It isn't finished either. If you look carefully at the name of this topic, it says "I`m making Uplink ONLINE !!!!" not "I`ve sucessfully made an Uplink ONLINE !!!!".

Donations are sometimes important. I saw a small hacking game site and there is no donations contributed. It was then closed and the source code of a not-too-interesting-but-you-can-play-it-daily-in-a-short-time-on-the-site game. Now, donations are usually used to keep the site running. cyberluk only wanted to use the donations to upgrade the server for more players. I'm sure none of you want him to resort to using advertisments or clicking banners.

The only thing you are right about is the site is being made in PHP Nuke. Otherwise, you should try to post questions asking about whether anything has been released instead of posting something that you don't know if it's right or wrong since it looks obvious to me that you haven't visited the site before it was down.

Good day to you and I hope you have understood your misunderstandings.

(Edited by Corruptation at 7:43 am on Feb. 21, 2004)
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
Ahdinko
level3
level3

Postby Ahdinko » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:28 am

When will the website be up? i cant ever see it, and will the beta be like an open beta testing or a closed one where you have to fill in a form and then you approve or decline and whatever

(Edited by Ahdinko at 12:30 am on Feb. 21, 2004)
I know a good signature when I steal one.
www.perathnia-online.com
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:47 am

If you do read carefully on my last post, I said that cyberluk is planning to open a new web site but he might just be coding so it may be a while before the new website is up.

The beta is an open beta testing. Everyone is able to try it with a username and password specially for the testing.
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:34 am

keep us all informed it sounds a bit interesting start a website up then stick some screenies up on it so people can tell you comments on what they think!
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:28 pm

<Edit: Just look at the post below for screenshots.>

(Edited by Corruptation at 4:42 pm on Feb. 24, 2004)
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:13 pm

They dont work! http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/6 ... esktop.jpg

Even that dont work!!

CHECK it before you post AGain!
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:16 pm

I can't see the middle one but the others are perfectly fine even though I've cleared all the files in Temporary Internet Files.

Edit: Try going here.

(Edited by Corruptation at 6:09 pm on Feb. 21, 2004)
Ahdinko
level3
level3

Postby Ahdinko » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:56 pm

that last one works, and wow it looks pretty cool. A 3D Uplink
I know a good signature when I steal one.

www.perathnia-online.com
Firell
level1
level1

Postby Firell » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:08 am

aah katos suomalisia :P yeah those was preaty nice ones !

Return to “The Future”