Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:09 pm

i think that this hasnt been sayed before:

BACKDOORS!!!

think about it, after you get into the system, you install a backdoor, now, what the backdoor does is that it gives you the ability to enter the system again without an active trace starting against you. so if you'll write:

user: yousuck!
pass: Irule!

than you'll get in the system, without an active trace starting.

now the intresting part-

you'll need to buy software for it:

1) backdoor creator-  creates backdoor files, the lower versions have only the ability of getting you in the system un noticed... more advanced versions will have the option of log deletion after disconnection, and  more stuff...

2) backdoor hider- hides your backdoor, so that no1 will find it.  lower versions can be found by backdoor finder, the highest version is un traceable...

3) backdoor finder- finds backdoors, the best version can find any backdoor, accept the backdoors that were hidden by the best backdoor hider!

4) backdoor encryptor- if som1 will find your passes , he will be able to trace you, unless you use an encryptor.

5) backdoor decryptor- you already understand...

6) backdoor modifyer- the name sayes it all. (can be also used for framing a man for computer crimes missions)

thats it... i think its easy to add this to the next uplink update, and it will add alot more playing time, and fun to uplink ...

Chris , think about it!
meow
Ghostalker
level5
level5

Postby Ghostalker » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:19 pm

mmmmmmm, sounds script kiddieish...but a kinda good idea...
~Watch me all In Flames ~ On a Butterfly I ride~
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:23 pm

its not skript kiddish at all, search google for info,

<<<in real life>>>

if you are smart, when you root a system , you install a backdoor to get back in without problem

</in real life>

when i'm talking about backdoors i'm not talking about sub7...

just check out some places for info...

here is a place:

http://www.duho.org/KB/advanced/backdooring/

thats it
meow
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:49 pm

bUmP-HoLiYo!
meow
CHARMER
level1
level1

Postby CHARMER » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:08 pm

kule idea
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck leader of the sweaty bob is a ricey twat thread
Nitronium
level3
level3

Postby Nitronium » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:53 pm

it is true, if you get root access, you make your own account to give you easier access. However, in uplink, your hacked accounts are found eventually, as will the backdoors. Maybe make them last a bit longer, say, upto a week....
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:18 pm

Argh, I'm afraid to say this is a good idea!!

:biggrin:
Nakatomi is coming
ChIcO
level4
level4

Postby ChIcO » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:17 pm

yea it is a good idea
and you could have missions like creat a backdoor for a company to spy on another one or find a backdoor
and stuff
very cool:biggrin:
Oh How [url=http:\\www.geocities.com\xxxchicoxxx2002]Annoying,[/url]
My page, its too good for all of you
night
level1
level1

Postby night » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:20 pm

tsk... tsk... tsk...

...sure its true in the real world, however its not as easy to create as it seems. sure u can create back doors easily. the only thing that sux is when the server administrator FINDS the backdoor hidden. if the admin knows XML and clear scripting, then he can also tell when a backdoor is in the process of being placed. THEREFORE he starts the trace. sure you should easily be out of the server by the time he even has a CHANCE of catching you, but theres no guarantee that he wont get rid of the "backdoor." it is, however, true that there is software that creates a window in the system causing the overwriter to "skip" over missing links known as, "backdoors". if you want to know more just email me.

TTwebmaster@night0wenhart.tk
-]N¡GhTºW£ÑhªrT[-http://www.night0wenhart.tk
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:04 am

ummm... if you do a good backdoor (not an open port, but a special login) , the admin wouldent be able to find it... unless he trys every combination of words for the login and pass, but that can take about 10 years for the fastest super computer on earth...

and couple of more things:

xml doesnt have anything to do with backdoors, at least not the ones i'm talking about... the ones that i'm talking about are written in C .

and even if he finds it, he wouldent be able to trace you back. only disable the backdoor.

that was in real life...

now in uplink>
i think that there shuld be a special way to hide your backdoors so they wont be traceable no metter what.
but the thing is that the players of uplink should find this way by themselfs, and it aint gonna be easy.
that will even add more to the game!
meow
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:27 pm

bUmP-O-zaurus-Re><
meow
night
level1
level1

Postby night » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:40 pm

thank you for restating my point exactly. of course he wouldnt be able to trace you. but he is always able to disable it. remember, and admin of a server can do WHATEVER THE F*CK HE WANTS. theres no damned execptions unless you know all his port numbers and everything. however if you DID know all of them, thats pretty scary and youve probably been stalking the guy for some-odd months by then, unless you're exceptionally good and know EXACTLY what youre dealing with. this includes waiting for the 3 second window which is CAREFULLY monitored daily. or to make it simpler, make your own window. making your own leads to ANOTHER "realistic" addon to the game. or, you could just not listen to me and make it however you want. personally, i wouldnt create this many addons to the game, but hey do what you want.
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:45 pm

why not add stuff to the game?

its more fun that way...
meow
night
level1
level1

Postby night » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:40 pm

No, I'm not trying to say don't do it. I think it's a great idea. But if people are going to complain and whine about the games lack of realism, then don't even bother. If they want to go cry about realism, ask them if they even know how REAL it gets. I'll tell you this much, tapping into computers is nothing like I had expected before I learned how it was done. Anyways it's a good idea, I say give it a try.
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:53 pm

night, its a GAME

its not real life...

complaining about it is much like saying:

"hey, unreal tournument isnt real!"

same goes for uplink.
meow

Return to “The Future”