Our Esteemed Colleague Wishes to Make a Donation (bug?)

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Kirro
level0

Our Esteemed Colleague Wishes to Make a Donation (bug?)

Postby Kirro » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:15 am

So I've been playing the game for a few days now. I've been messing around with banks, hacking into random people's accounts and taking out the maximum loans, transferring money to accounts that aren't even mine, etc, etc. The "Esteemed Colleague" missions are one of my favorites because they're quick and pay well. However, I accepted one mission, then did my usual thing, bypass security, hack in. Then I realize, the account is my own account! I had made a separate account under a false name, and it happened to have 2000 credits in it. So I was supposed to transfer 1000 of my own money to another person's account.

I don't know if this is a bug or just a function of the game's random mission generator, but at least we know where the "donations" are coming from!
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:30 am

I think this indeed the "pick random [insert thing here]" system at work. (Not dissing the system, btw.)

Ah well... let them have it. You'll get more than 1000 credits from the pay-out anyway.

Don't forget to make a note of the bank account you're transferring it to, though, so you can steal it back five minutes after receiving payment :D
Enialas
level0

Postby Enialas » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:14 am

Thread necrophilia I know but I do have a warning if you like to make accounts at other banks because I don't know if it does this with the Uplink bank. Sometimes... or rather rarely you'll be asked to donate to your account. It's happened to me about 3 times in years but I play off and on. The passive trace will get you if you treat it just like another mission.

Hint (for those who don't know): The amount of the donation is the minimum you must transfer, if they have 8k or 100k and the donation only requests 500c, just move it all. :twisted:

Return to “The Full Game”