did not get Revalation file in ARC email

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Tsunamii
level1
level1

Postby Tsunamii » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:06 pm

I know some things about foriegn nationals trying to get green cards, I am married to a full blood German and I went through hell trying to get her legally authorized to live in the U.S. even though we were married at the time.

Because my wife is German, she has connected with a number of other full blood Germans in the U.S. including people 3 or 4 generations older. They talk amongst each other about how hard it was to get into the U.S. when they came here. My wife had to go through more hell than people 30 and 50 years older than her.

Interestingly enough, security clearances for people who are married to foriegn citizens also became 10 times harder to get since 9/11. This is another thing I know from experience.

As far as the actual threads, perhaps most people wont use the search function, but things being as they are the general status quo answer to every newbie is "read the FAQ then hit search" so if anything I am being helpful.

Also, dividing oil by where it comes from geographically is pointless. OPEC makes the rules, regardless of where its from they control virtually all of it that is produced outside the U.S. If OPEC shuts down the production of all of South America then we will have ours shipped from one of the other countries that pumps it on their behalf.

Also, don't pretend I am getting pissed off about this stuff, you guys couldnt piss me off if you tried.

What I originally intended to do was make information in my head available for newer players if they are able to access it and choose to do so. When the flaming stops thats what I will still be doing unless I get bored and leave in the mean time which I am sure the board will try to help along.

Tsunamii
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:51 pm

we go from not recieving revelation, to people getting flamed, to green cards and oil, if you want to debate this start a new thread, stop doing what your arguing against and bumping old ones
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:29 am

Tsunamii wrote:As far as the actual threads, perhaps most people wont use the search function, but things being as they are the general status quo answer to every newbie is "read the FAQ then hit search" so if anything I am being helpful.

If you have a look at my posting history, you'll see that said 'status quo' is not actually the case, and the two points I made earlier still apply. It's been covered, and the OP will no longer give a damn about the thread a month later, but feel free to help people when they're here.

Tsunamii wrote:Also, don't pretend I am getting pissed off about this stuff, you guys couldnt piss me off if you tried.

We aren't trying to piss you off, we're trying to correct you, and aside from said corrections I believe I've been fairly courteous. Bumping old threads actually isn't helpful for reasons already outlined; helping people when they're here is. If you'd like to do the latter, be my guest.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
julfo
level0

Postby julfo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Tsunamii wrote:Actually, out of the 2 comments I added, both will help somebody out there using the search function at a later date I am sure.

It helped me :wink:

Oops sorry - didnt realize this thread was so old.

Please dont kill me...
MyLittlePony
level0

Postby MyLittlePony » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:20 am

Oops did I just *BUMP* into something? Well at least I learned that playing the same computer game for 5 years makes you an esteemed member of a 'community'... even if 'community' means an online BULLETIN BOARD! (guffaw). Now I never have to be lonely again. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to learn the ropes from all these old salts. BTW I learn best through the language of metaphor come alive against the backdrop of early American history. So yeah... total SCORE!

Return to “The Full Game”