How to make fast money.

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

mkylman
level1
level1

Postby mkylman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:54 am

You see my friend, you have missed the point of my post. If you read what I wrote you would see that you are overwhelmingly anal all of the time, for fairly minute, sometimes nonexistent, reasons and that despite all of your complaints stultifying and impugning hypocrisy, you are a large hyprocrite yourself.

The presence of my posts are a materialization, or rather virtualization, of my desire for you to actually make a meaningful post and not just complain.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:23 am

Esoteric erudition, pointless posts... I'm liking the alliteration. However, ennui? Stultify? It's sounding a bit silly in the context, wonderful though your thesaurus no doubt is. An improvement, I'll admit, over requesting he "get a goddamn life you fucking jack-off", but much as I love orotund floccinaucinihilipilification in stramineous logorrhea inveighing the corrigendum and/or didaticism of certain innominate messrs, I despise dizened discourse.

The fact is, Introversion take a hands-off approach to moderating these boards, as the community largely moderates itself. It's tit for tat. Someone acts an ass, they are told they are acting an ass, and told not to. While this doesn't entirely justify crabby behaviour, my_anonymous does his fair share of assistance to others - more than is immediately obvious if you look only at the posts you find when searching under that name. He does not, as you suggest, "just complain". It may well be that he's come off as a dick when you've encountered him, but rest assured it doesn't accurately reflect his general behaviour, and no 'interventions' are required.

Incidentally, and on an entirely separate note, is hypocrisy for attacking hypocrisy while being a hypocrite meta-hypocrisy? There's a thought.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:26 pm

1) I am a sock puppet, designed specifically so that I could be abusive on the Uplink boards. Attacking me for being abusive is like attacking water for being wet.

2) That said, please, point out specifically where I have been hypocritical in this thread. The original poster is an idiot. However, the first reply is even more idiotic, in that it criticizes the original post not for being an idiotic, but for poor spelling and grammar. I have no problem with people using poor spelling and grammar, but if you are going to criticize other people's grammar, you should make sure that your own is perfect, first. If he had simply criticized the original poster for being an idiot, I wouldn't have even bothered replying.

KingAl wrote:Incidentally, and on an entirely separate note, is hypocrisy for attacking hypocrisy while being a hypocrite meta-hypocrisy? There's a thought.

My head asplode!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:11 pm

mr_anonymous wrote:1) I am a sock puppet, designed specifically so that I could be abusive on the Uplink boards. Attacking me for being abusive is like attacking water for being wet.
Sure, abandon22. Whatever you say... :P
Stixsmaster
level1
level1

Postby Stixsmaster » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:36 am

I posted in the steam forums under Uplink a video showing me using a program to make me money instantly after registering a new agent...and well the program I used can be used for the retail version of Uplink too..

---Stixsmaster
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:54 am

Yes, memory editors, we've all heard of them...
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
blabatron
level0

Re: How to make fast money.

Postby blabatron » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:37 pm

WHY HAS THIS BECOME A FLAME WAR! This is just sad. Only ONE post has been about making money. Sure it was an obvious way, but IT WAS STILL ABOUT MAKING MONEY! And screw grammar. It gets in the way of awsomness like uplink.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: How to make fast money.

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:53 pm

blabatron wrote:WHY HAS THIS BECOME A FLAME WAR! This is just sad. Only ONE post has been about making money. Sure it was an obvious way, but IT WAS STILL ABOUT MAKING MONEY! And screw grammar. It gets in the way of awsomness like uplink.

Please keep in mind that the last post in this thread was from late 2007.

Return to “The Full Game”