What did I do wrong?

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Apa7HY
level1
level1

What did I do wrong?

Postby Apa7HY » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm sure you fine fellows read bank threads every single day to the point of nausea, but I honestly have no idea what I did wrong on this one. I'll retrace my steps.

1. Found about 20 or so Internal Services Machines and got admin on all of them. Deleted InterNIC logs between every one.
2. Selected a random bank. Got their public access server, recorded admin's voice.
3. Created an account at the target bank. Noted the account number.
4. Ran Monitor_Bypass v5 and Proxy_Bypass v5 (there was no firewall).
5. Cracked the admin, no problem. An active trace wasn't even began.
6. Wrote down all accounts.
7. Logged in to two of them with no problem. Took their money. Deleted the statements.

At this point, I got caught, which sucks, because while deleting the statements of one of the accounts, I discovered a 13,000,000 credit transfer, and I was going to go after it next.

I honestly doubt I was logged in to the bank for 3 days, so I don't think it was the passive trace.

Was it that I stole from multiple accounts before deleting the statements on my own account?

Any help would be appreciated.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Banks are very, very fast to catch you with a passive trace. While it can be done, I would not suggest that you attempt to steal from more than one account at a go.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:28 pm

mr_anonymous wrote:Banks are very, very fast to catch you with a passive trace. While it can be done, I would not suggest that you attempt to steal from more than one account at a go.

What's this? You're being helpful. Stop that!
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Adnurak
level0

Postby Adnurak » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 pm

Make sure that you're using an extremely lengthy bounce in either case, and still keep using the monitor and proxy bypassers, and then try transferring one account at a time to your Uplink bank account instead of a bank account at the same bank - the transfer would then be instantly seen. If you transfer one account's money to your uplink bank account, delete that stolen account's transfer log statement, and then bank logs, then immediately disconnect, delete first bounce logs (hopefully internic) then again use lengthy bounce and connect to uplink bank this time, then put in your account login details, and then delete your transfer log statement, being sure to use the bypassers all the time. Then disconnect, reclear your internic logs, and you're done.
ArekRashan
level0

Postby ArekRashan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 pm

The mistake was transferring money to an account you owned and not deleting the statement log soon enough.

Let's assume that the bank has 5 accounts: A, B, C, D and X - X being the account you created.

What you did was:

Transfer A > X
Delete log in statement 'A'
Transfer B > X
Delete log in statement 'B'
*gets caught for 'A > X' log in statement 'X'*

What you should do is this:

Transfer A > B
Transfer B > C
Transfer C > D
Transfer D > X
Delete log in statement 'D'
Delete log in statement 'X'

The other logs don't need to be deleted because you don't own those accounts. You can only be caught for statements that are either in an account you own or that reference an account you own. Or the passive IP trace, of course.
starfoxx
level1
level1

Postby starfoxx » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:32 pm

i never thought to do that way do the people who own the account get arrested?

Return to “The Full Game”