11 Awards

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Adnurak
level0

11 Awards

Postby Adnurak » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Okay - first off, please stop asking me to search the forums, and read the modlink guide, and ask on IRC because I have gone through all three resources exhaustively and none of them have solved my problem.

Now my question:
It is said that 11 out of all 12 awards are possible in ONE GAME. I know all 12 are impossible in a single game, but 10 in a single game are definitely possible.

What I want to know is, how exactly does one go about getting 11 out of 12 awards in one agent?

2 of the awards are the 2 secret missions, 5 of them are you working for ARC, and 3 more are missions 2-4 with Arunmor posting on the missions BBS --- this is the route to get 10 awards. You definitely cannot get both finale missions in one single game.

So the only possible 'leftover' mission is the Backfire Mission, which is the first Arunmor mission. I have troubles trying to get both the Backfire and MaidenFlight (first ARC Mission) awards, though some people say it's possible.

I have tried various ways and multiple suggestions, and nothing works. I am using the 1.54 patch, and I want to know for certain - is getting 11 out of 12 awards in a single game actually possible, or is it just a myth? If it is possible, how does one go about getting this extra mission then?

Please, I would really appreciate your help on this.
These are relevent topics that concern my plight:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink ... ght=awards

I have tried all suggestions listed in those topics above, but either they are too vague, or they do not work.

Thank you in advance.
ArekRashan
level0

Postby ArekRashan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:25 pm

Okay, after mucking about quite a bit I got both Backfire and Maidenflight. The trick is to complete Maidenflight in its entirety (including responding to the mission document to inform ARC that you've hosed the Arunmor ISS) before you receive the first email from Arunmor. Then you can send Revelation to Arunmor and get the Backfire award.

There are two problems with this, though. The first is that the storyline gets buggy - all communications are doubled. The second and more intractable problem is that completing Backfire puts you on the Arunmor side of the storyline, so you won't be able to do the later ARC missions.

Perhaps if you completed Maidenflight before receiving the warning email from Arunmor, and keep that email in your inbox until just before the last ARC mission, you might be able to collect Backfire as your 10th award right before GrandTour.
Adnurak
level0

Postby Adnurak » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 pm

I tried that double trick, but that would leave out the other missions, which would be pointless. I will, however, try out your last suggestion about keeping that mail until just before GrandTour - Thanks, I will let you know what happens.
Wacko
level0

Postby Wacko » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:25 am

Did it work...?

Return to “The Full Game”