Getting Caught

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

VirtualAlex
level1
level1

Getting Caught

Postby VirtualAlex » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:23 am

Maybe I am just a noob, but can you save the game? Everytime I get busted I end up starting a new game. Is this the way it is?

I don't really mind, since I like having a real risk in getting caught, but doing the first 9-10 missions are really mind numbing the 8th time you have to start a new agent.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:27 am

Do a search. Guaranteed at least a hundred relevant topics.
I wasn't here.
VirtualAlex
level1
level1

Postby VirtualAlex » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:55 am

hey thanks for your help.

yes, you are correct. Simply typing the word "no" would have been much to simple.

Hey duntrooper, I hope you die.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:41 am

Hey Virtual Alex, we hope you get a clue and use the search function more often.

Oh and this very relavent to new members of the forum.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:46 am

VirtualAlex wrote:yes, you are correct. Simply typing the word "no" would have been much to simple.

Hey duntrooper, I hope you die.

Dunetrooper was helping you: if you'd bothered to do a half-reasonable search, you'd have found that you can back up your save games from the users folder.
VirtualAlex
level1
level1

Postby VirtualAlex » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Hahaha that link is really funny.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:11 pm

Oh you hope I die huh?

That link that Rkiver has come in handy many many times. As is the case here. So you want me to die because I give you straightforward answers? You want me to die because I pointed out your immense laziness by not looking for answers by yourself? The problem here is not that the forum has people like me, it's the fact that people like you think you own the place when you haven't been here for more than a month most of the time.

So get off your fucking high horse, understand the article that Rkiver gave you, and in high hopes get the fuck out of this place and never come back. If not have the common sense to show respect for people that obviously know more than you, like your dog/cat/fish/hamster/whatever pet you have and try to fit in (god help us).

VirtualAlex wrote:hey thanks for your help.

yes, you are correct. Simply typing the word "no" would have been much to simple.

And yes that would have been much too simple, because around here that is called spoonfeeding. And most of us that visit these forums don't like to do that to every lazy idiot that just happens to show up. So you learned something today didn't you. You learned that we won't just give you the answers you have to look for them.
I wasn't here.
VirtualAlex
level1
level1

Postby VirtualAlex » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:26 pm

Very insightful thanks for all of that. Obviously I am the one on a high horse.

You know what works well when you don't feel like "spoonfeeding" something? Simply don't reply at all. That way, you get everything you want without offending and insulting a possibly helpful new member. if no one responded I may have been forced to actually do the search on my own, I would have found an answer and all without any malice or ill will. Instead you go out of your way to insult me, and then preach about it like you did some grand public duty.

I needed help with Uplink, the most logical course of action was to find an Uplink forum with people who know more than me, and ask them a question. I am sorry I didn't use the search function, I really am. My intent isn't to take up your time, and get you mad. But I see no reason why you can't be civil to new people to the forum.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Acutally read the posts that have been made.
if no one responded I may have been forced to actually do the search on my own, I would have found an answer and all without any malice or ill will

dunetrooper didn't say anything insulting at first - he merely directed you to the search function. Not particularly malicious, is it?
Instead you go out of your way to insult me, and then preach about it like you did some grand public duty.

The first person to sling insults was you. You said that you 'hope dunetrooper dies' simply because you didn't perceive his pointing to the search function as helpful - a statement you eventually contradict later in your post when you state you'd eventually 'do the search on your own'. It's to be expected that people reply in kind. Whether you believe it or not, you are on a high horse - you refuse to acknowledge your own faux pas. If you did that, people would be much less hostile towards you. You know that link Rkiver gave? Realise that it applies to you.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 pm

VirtualAlex wrote:Obviously I am the one on a high horse.

Thank you for admitting that.

You know what works well when you don't feel like "spoonfeeding" something? Simply don't reply at all.

Those of us that have been here for a while like to help people. We don't like seeing a thread that has had no replies, so naturally we answer it. I was in no way rude in my reply, I just told you what so many others have said and I have said many times to many different people. Grow up a little and search for an answer yourself. I got told the same thing when I first came here even though I did search for the answer.

That way, you get everything you want without offending and insulting a possibly helpful new member.

Possibly helpful huh? Help start pointless arguments? Or help annoy the smarter ones with your uselessness?

if no one responded I may have been forced to actually do the search on my own, I would have found an answer and all without any malice or ill will.

If you thought no one would reply then why didn't you just do the search in the first place?

Instead you go out of your way to insult me, and then preach about it like you did some grand public duty.

I just pointed out the obvious. Not expecting any thanks or anything from you. No grand public duty here.

I needed help with Uplink, the most logical course of action was to find an Uplink forum with people who know more than me, and ask them a question. I am sorry I didn't use the search function, I really am. My intent isn't to take up your time, and get you mad. But I see no reason why you can't be civil to new people to the forum.

Like I said, I was civil. I did not insult you, all you did was take it offensively becuase you didn't like the answer I gave. I like smart people, but can't stand stupidity. So act smarter next time and I will treat you better.[/quote]
I wasn't here.
VirtualAlex
level1
level1

Postby VirtualAlex » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:31 am

You are correct. I overreacted, and I apologize. I will endeavor to be a more useful, and less annoying memeber in the future.

Return to “The Full Game”