Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

lexus
level1
level1

Problems with software

Postby lexus » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi

I have a problem with software, the selfdestruct is installed in my gateway fisically, but the software doesnt appear in my programs, what do i have to do?

I have thought in upgrade my gateway to other with no security, this way the selfdestruct will desappear form my gateway.
But i would like to hear another idea.

Please response
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 pm

If you bought the security and not had no memory left you won't have the software (or if you simply delete it).

The latest patch should warn you if you try to buy a security and have no memory left.
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
lexus
level1
level1

Postby lexus » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:37 pm

That doesnt say anything?

Please give another answer
Digital-NW
level2
level2

Postby Digital-NW » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:21 am

That says everything. You were using an outdated version of uplink that allowed you to purchase the motion detector or self-destruct even if your memory banks were too full for the software that it requires to run. What you need to do is update your uplink to the current version, open the game again, and repurchase the software. Then you will see the warning that was added as frenchfrog noted. Outside of that, you need to remove things in your gateway's memory so that you have room for the software.
lexus
level1
level1

Postby lexus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:37 pm

I have the last version (1.54), i have enough space in memory banks, and when i try to repurchase it an error occur in the Uplink International Services Machine; it says:
We can not fill this item in your gateway
Digital-NW
level2
level2

Postby Digital-NW » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 pm

Then you do no have enough space. If I recall correcting, the nuke needs 4 slots?
lexus
level1
level1

Postby lexus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:34 pm

i said i have enough space in my memory banks, the hardware is installed in my gateway, but not the software, and when i want to repurchase it the game says "we can not fill this item in you gateway"

Some ideas?

Return to “The Full Game”