How does the bank keep catching me?

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

benjy355
level0

How does the bank keep catching me?

Postby benjy355 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:26 am

I go in, get into someone's account, transfer the money to mine, delete the transfer log (Level 4). Log on as Admin, delete logs, and leave.
How is it that the bank keeps catching me?
-Thanks! :D

I've even bypassed proxies to delete the transfer data on MY account at the Uplink bank!

Edit:
...I was just caught again. *Copy's backup of user account*
Too much too lose lol
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:53 pm

delete the statement log also on your account ...

Hints and Tips -> FAQ - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION wrote:Q: hey how do you hack banks and get lots of credits
A: it depends on what you are hacking ; an account or the admin's account
if it's an account <which it usually is> then first find a trace a bank balance transfer mission then do it.....you will be left with an account with lots of credits in it.

2. get a hud connection analysis
3. get a proxy bypass
4. your ready to transfer...go to transfer money when your logged onto the persons account you want to rob
5. enter the ip of the bank your transfering to then your account number then get a proxy bypass and bypas the proxy server
6. click transfer....hurray! You're rich, but it's not over
7. go to bank statement and get a log deleter delete the statement saying you transfered x amount of money to x ip
8. then do the same with the statement at your bank
9. Break your log chain at internic.
10. If you got away with it you will recieve an email soon informing you of how far your rank has gone up.
TheMafia
level1
level1

Re: How does the bank keep catching me?

Postby TheMafia » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 pm

benjy355 wrote:I go in, get into someone's account, transfer the money to mine, delete the transfer log (Level 4). Log on as Admin, delete logs, and leave.
How is it that the bank keeps catching me?
-Thanks! :D

I've even bypassed proxies to delete the transfer data on MY account at the Uplink bank!

Edit:
...I was just caught again. *Copy's backup of user account*
Too much too lose lol

lot more of it then you think...
Skaramuche
level0

Postby Skaramuche » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:11 am

On a similar note: I hacked admin to get every account, disconnected and cleared InterNIC, then logged in, bypassed proxy and monitor, started logging in with my stolen accounts and PWs and transferring all money to my account. I deleted the to transfer logs as I went, I was going to get the froms at the Uplink bank afterwards. But partway through the operation I was suddenly disavowed. I've got backups, but what happened? I wsn't being active traced, and passive trace/statement checking don't start until you disconnect, right? What happened?
We can dance if we want to/And if we don't, then nobody will
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:14 pm

Uhm, I think it starts right when the Active does.....

-Ghost 'what?' Stalker
Yep.
Mudfarmer
level0

Postby Mudfarmer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:36 am

Skaramuche wrote:On a similar note: I hacked admin to get every account, disconnected and cleared InterNIC, then logged in, bypassed proxy and monitor, started logging in with my stolen accounts and PWs and transferring all money to my account. I deleted the to transfer logs as I went, I was going to get the froms at the Uplink bank afterwards. But partway through the operation I was suddenly disavowed. I've got backups, but what happened? I wsn't being active traced, and passive trace/statement checking don't start until you disconnect, right? What happened?

As near as I can tell, banks check their account balances every couple of minutes, and they all share data to track down anything suspicious. You need to delete the transfer logs on both sides of the transaction right away: you dont have time for multiple transfers or to log in as Admin. Once that is done, you will be safe for the couple of hours it takes for the passive trace.

Return to “The Full Game”