Darwin Project Server

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Agent Vincent
level1
level1

Darwin Project Server

Postby Agent Vincent » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:51 pm

So I was poking around in the ARC and Darwin servers hoping to see what was there before Revelation is deleted on April 1 but I missed the date, I'll get it next time. I was in the "Darwin Associates Project Server" named close to that anyway, and I found a bunch of unique Darwinia named files o_O I copied them all into my auxilliary gateway for later, I'm playing Onlink so I'm not sure if it's an Onlink thing or not, but I did a forum search on like 8 different things and didn't find a single post, I dunno, has anyone found anything about this? The encryption and compression are both level 8 on them, which I'm sure there's a way to crack later on but I need to hack more credits before I find out. Just wondering what other people know or think about this, oh and if this was in the original version first released, can't wait to find out!
no one knows i'm a ninja.
Hmuda
level3
level3

Postby Hmuda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:14 am

Darwin isn't really related to ARC. It's only that ARC need their AI research to enhance Revelation. As for Darwinia...in Uplink the Darwin company deals with AI research and they try to make a digital species that could live and evolve on the Internet. Familiar? ;-)
poptartking
level1
level1

Postby poptartking » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:53 am

yeah, darwinia wasnt really around then
i found a pine cone!
im so happy.
mkylman
level1
level1

Postby mkylman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:08 pm

there's no way to decrypt a level 8 encryption file...The decrypter only goes up to level 7
Krid
level1
level1

Postby Krid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:25 am

I got into the ARC server before revalation was deleted, and found a log saying that it will have had been being deleted a few days from then, and no file.

Strange, I was kinda hoping that I'd be able to save the life of the #1 hacker. ^^

Return to “The Full Game”