Help with mission ShinyHammer

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Shdw Shinobi
level0

Help with mission ShinyHammer

Postby Shdw Shinobi » Wed May 03, 2006 11:13 pm

I have already hacked the Arunmor LAN, and destroyed their server. Then, after it appeard in the news, I replied to the mission, and it says I didn't do enough damage the the mainframe. Fair enough, so I destroy that also, and reply again. It says the same thing... that I didn't do enough damage to the Arunmor Mainframe.

I don't even know what to do next... does anyone have an idea?
AntiPatik
level2
level2

Postby AntiPatik » Thu May 04, 2006 12:37 am

refresh my memory please, what's the ShinyHammer mission about, destroying Arunmor LAN or Arunmor Mainframe? Try using revelation to destroy whatever you need to destroy.
Hacker101
level3
level3

Re: Help with mission ShinyHammer

Postby Hacker101 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:21 pm

Shdw Shinobi wrote:I have already hacked the Arunmor LAN, and destroyed their server. Then, after it appeard in the news, I replied to the mission, and it says I didn't do enough damage the the mainframe. Fair enough, so I destroy that also, and reply again. It says the same thing... that I didn't do enough damage to the Arunmor Mainframe.

I don't even know what to do next... does anyone have an idea?

Here's a quote from the Ultimate Uplink Guide @ http://guide.modlink.net about the ShineyHammer Mission

The Ultimate Uplink Guide wrote:ShinyHammer
Description: Destroy a database
Payment: 30000c
Required Software: Password Breaker, Voice Analyser, Decypher, Monitor Bypass v5, Proxy Bypass v5, Firewall Bypass v5.

Description: First of all, you will need to get the link for the Arunmor Local Area Network. You can do this by hacking the Arunmor Internal Services Machine and going to the links section.

Once you have done this, connect to the Arunmor Local Area Network, bypass the Monitor, Proxy and Firewall, and enter the LAN. Since LANs are randomly generated, there is no set way to do this, but if you get stuck, refer to section 3.1 for help. Once you have found your way to the main server, break through its security, enter the file server, and delete all the files there. Once you have done this, you can reply to the mission and claim your reward.

I hope that helped :)
Shdw Shinobi
level0

Postby Shdw Shinobi » Fri May 05, 2006 3:53 am

I wish it had helped... I have already deleted all the files on the mainframe... but the mission won't end. :/

EDIT: After some tinkering around and doing multiple things multiple times, I finally got it to work :) (sorry for the such *not* descriptive language there)
pyrrhus
level0

Postby pyrrhus » Sat May 20, 2006 2:06 pm

I had this problem aswell. But what i did i went back and infected it with revelation and then i finished the mission.
"They'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades"

Return to “The Full Game”