pasive trace?

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

katsuke
level0

pasive trace?

Postby katsuke » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:17 am

How fast the diferent servers find you in pasive trace?
how can you know this? only getting cought? XDXDXD :D

thanks for any help
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:28 am

i dont know exact times, but as a general rule, internal service machines take the longest, then mainframes, then teh government servers, and then banks do it the fastest
watch out for banks, theyll get you
katsuke
level0

Postby katsuke » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:39 am

thanks for that but, i think is too late XD i was trying to rob some guys account and the bank trace me XDXD so i have to start again from the saved game that i had

from know on ill be more carefull XD

thanks for the info
AntiPatik
level2
level2

Postby AntiPatik » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:04 pm

em... i think that hacking banks is the easiest. the only connection between me and the bank is InterNIC. you just have to bypass the proxy and monitor security. then you can do whatever you want (except for hacking the admin option - then the bank will start to trace you!)
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:46 pm

yeah but if youre not fast, youll just get passive traced anyway
and the thing is, you wont find out until later in the game when the bank decides it hates you
so youll already have backed up your game with the bank hack completed and then youll just keep losing at the same point
banks are evil
katsuke
level0

Postby katsuke » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:51 pm

another thing,

when i rob from some ones account, i erease the logs in the internic and the logs of the transaction, and then i try to erease the logs at the bank admin, that last action is the one that get me cought??

it is enought with clearing the logs of te transaction and the internic?
AntiPatik
level2
level2

Postby AntiPatik » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:09 pm

look all you have to do is erase the statements which show how much credits have been transfered to your account (you have to erase statements from your account also). then you have to erase logs from InterNIC (you are using InterNIC as your first or only bounce, aren't you?).
katsuke
level0

Postby katsuke » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:44 pm

sure im using it XD its the easyest way to clear your logs :D,

ill try that, c ya soon
DrCoolP
level0

Postby DrCoolP » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:07 pm

Why does everyone use InterNIC when the Uplink Test Server is also very easy to hack, and very easy to modify as well??
AntiPatik
level2
level2

Postby AntiPatik » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:52 pm

let's just say, uplink comunity loves InterNIC... When did you see a government server, which does not trace you, when you hack the admin? That's the purpose I use InterNIC, not UTS, there is another one though, I told it in other topic, don't know which...
pyrrhus
level0

Postby pyrrhus » Sat May 20, 2006 1:36 am

InterNIC is better because not only can you delete (or modify :wink: ) the logs to stop passive tracing but its far more useful as you can search for ips and whatnot.. It's better than UTS
"They'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades"
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:19 am

I tried to delete all logs except the recent logon logs. I still get passively traced. Why?
Toxic Influx
level2
level2

Postby Toxic Influx » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:14 pm

Q: hey how do you hack banks and get lots of credits
A: it depends on what you are hacking ; an account or the admin's account
if it's an account <which it usually is> then first find a trace a bank balance transfer mission then do it.....you will be left with an account with lots of credits in it.

2. get a hud connection analysis
3. get a proxy bypass
4. your ready to transfer...go to transfer money when your logged onto the persons account you want to rob
5. enter the ip of the bank your transfering to then your account number then get a proxy bypass and bypas the proxy server
6. click transfer....hurray! You're rich, but it's not over
7. go to bank statement and get a log deleter delete the statement saying you transfered x amount of money to x ip
8. then do the same with the statement at your bank
9. Break your log chain at internic.
10. If you got away with it you will recieve an email soon informing you of how far your rank has gone up.

There are lots and lots of topic about hacking banks, which is easier than stealing candy from a child.
2 things are infinite: the universe and men's stupidity. And about the universe I'm not sure.

- Albert Einstein
taltamir
level1
level1

Postby taltamir » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:10 am

log deleter also has to be version 4... otherwise they will just undelete it (ie... it will only slow them down, not actually stop them from catching you.)
fragmonkey
level1
level1

Postby fragmonkey » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:40 pm

taltamir wrote:log deleter also has to be version 4... otherwise they will just undelete it (ie... it will only slow them down, not actually stop them from catching you.)

I'm ashamed to admit that I found this out about 30 min before I read that post. :oops: For the life of me I could not figure out why I could not get away with it. DOH! I had backed up my game but alas...the timing was not in my favor.

Return to “The Full Game”