Safely stealing money

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

T4
level1
level1

Safely stealing money

Postby T4 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:18 am

After I did a job transfering money (a 'donation'), I thought it would be easy to steal some money for myself...

I hacked into an account at the Datapic International Bank, and transfered the money to my account at the Uplink International Bank.

A few minutes after I stole the money, my Uplink account was destroyed. The bank had noticed me stealing the money, although I deleted the statements and the logs at my first bounce point (InterNIC).

Now, when I think about it, I know I did something wrong, but I can't put my finger on it. I've searched the forum and read a topic about stealing money for yourself, but it didn't solve my curiosity.

I was wondering if this would be successful:

I create a bank account at, let's say, Uniphase Bank. I hack into an account at the Datapic Bank (with enough bounce points and Monitor Bypass), transfer the money to Uniphase, and delete the statements and logs.
Then, I transfer the money from Uniphase (so no hacking will be required seeing as it's my account) to my account at the Uplink International Bank.

I think there is something wrong with the above scenario, the same thing that was wrong with my first attempt at stealing money, but again I cannot put my finger on it.

I have already been 'deleted' from Uplink three or four times, and this time I was at the Uber-Skilled rating with quite a few credits in my account, so I wasn't too happy (thank god it's only a game! :)).

So, people who are experienced in stealing money (in Uplink ;)), please: help me get richer! :D
Chalkstar
level1
level1

Postby Chalkstar » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:27 am

you havent stated in your post weather or not u delete the transfer logs (its in the menu with you account, loan and tranfer money options

if you dont delete your transfer logs then they only have to look at them to find out where the money was transfered

you need to bypass the proxie/firewalls at BOTH banks
and then you need to use a log deleter on the transfer logs saying about the money deposited/withdrawn from the other account

i hope that helps
<<Life is just a line.  We are all destined to reach our end>>*Ch@lK$t@R*
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:31 am

i hope that helps
It does, especially because it made me think: I deleted the statements, but I cannot remember anything about deleting transfer logs... I will definately look into that!

you need to bypass the proxie/firewalls at BOTH banks
Do you mean the Datapic & Uniphase banks in the hypothetical 'scenario' I posted?
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:35 pm

The Statements ARE the transfer logs.

as you descripe it, you made it all right.
perhaps you wasnt fast enough, thats the big Problem at bank hacking, the passive trace so fast, it just lets you time to blink, sort of :wink:

Try this:
-Hack the bank
-write down EVERY account (you got time, when you bypassed the monitor.
-open every account and look for "2.000.000 cr has been transfered" entries (if its not in THAT account) write down the Ip and acc, and hack that account.
-after hacking a account, delete just the "transfered to" statement in the hacked one, than internic, than your own (i prefer to use Fake accounts, that has more style :twisted: )

If you was fast enough, everything is al right.

greets
I see hacked terminals. :D
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:57 am

Yeah, I managed to hack a bank (the account owner had over one million in his account, I feel like a selfish Robin Hood! :p) and get me some credits (I stole about 400,000 if I remember correctly).

The problem I had last time seems to be the speed: this time I raced my way through the hack & deletion of statements and logs, and I wasn't caught :)

Too bad this isn't real life, only 15 EUR left on my real bank account :cry:
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:59 pm

Why did you stole only 400,000? If I find 1,000,000 from a bank account, I will steal it all! :twisted:
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:06 pm

ShadowWarrior wrote:Why did you stole only 400,000? If I find 1,000,000 from a bank account, I will steal it all! :twisted:

I'm too nice and considerate! :lol:
muaddib_uplink
level1
level1

Postby muaddib_uplink » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:47 am

T4 wrote:Yeah, I managed to hack a bank (the account owner had over one million in his account, I feel like a selfish Robin Hood! :p) and get me some credits (I stole about 400,000 if I remember correctly).

The problem I had last time seems to be the speed: this time I raced my way through the hack & deletion of statements and logs, and I wasn't caught :)

Too bad this isn't real life, only 15 EUR left on my real bank account :cry:

How did you make it? Could you please send a specific i did this & i didn't do that....
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:11 pm

um, why ? :)
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Maybe he wants to steal 1,000,000 credits too...
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:45 pm

He knows how,
he says hes too nice to ruin someones live to steal all his money.
Has something to do with morality. It doesnt speak for you, you doesnt get it :D :D :D :D
just kidding

For real, that are just people created from byte and bits, dont be afraid robbing them total, T4 :wink:
But youre right, when stealing to much money at once, the game gets boring very soon :cry:
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:51 pm

How did you make it? Could you please send a specific i did this & i didn't do that....
After reading this topic, I read http://guide.modlink.net/section6.php#6-1 a few times. Once you have a good general idea of what to do when, you can do it fast & safe ;)

For real, that are just people created from byte and bits, dont be afraid robbing them total, T4
What?! Do you mean that all those e-mails I've been getting - that those mean nothing? No one wants to contact me or be my friend? :(

*goes back to real life*
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:08 pm

*rofl*
a world brakes together for you :D :D
zero-limit
level0

getting rich

Postby zero-limit » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:20 pm

I have found another way to get rich and not hack at all, upgrade your gateway to a nice system, than downgrade it and this will return some cash, you have 24 hours for downgrade many times as you want, and the cash still growns . When the upgrade is complete you will no rights to downgrade, but i have made 1.5 million this way, and i have buied the perfect equipment :)

sorry for my bad english, I am still learn it

use the credits, be a powerfull hacker

uplink is the best game ever!
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:30 am

No,
sorry but i call that bugusing or something that way.
Thats really lame.

Okay, its a way to make money, but without hacking in a hacker game ?

But with uplink your right, that rulez. :D

Return to “The Full Game”