LAN Guide

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Chakragod
level1
level1

Postby Chakragod » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:52 am

LAN's may seem really complicated at first, but once you know what to do its pretty easy. I wrote this little guide in "english" so that even noobs should get it.

1. Right when you get on the LAN, make sure you use your monitor and proxy bypassers if you have them.

2. Use the LAN_Scan tool, this will make most of the lans componets pop up for you to see.

3. Starting at the router, use LAN_Probe on it, LAN_Probe will be your friend, you will use it often. This finds links to other parts of the LAN.

4. When you reach a Lock, you need to find the Authentication Server that controls it. If you find the Auth. Server and you cant connect to it, then there is a terminal nearby that is a valid subnet. It will show up in yellow when you click on the Auth. Server. So now use your LAN_Spoof on the Terminal, THEN you can connect to the Auth. Server and hack it to disable the locks. You will have to do this a lot.

5. The more well protected LANs will have Wireless Transmitters. You will need to find a terminal close to the Transmitter and hack into it, after you do that it should say a bunch of stuff then have the radio frequency you need for the wireless transmitter.

6. Another way they protect LANs is from using a seperate modem connection. For this you will need to do the above, except now you will get a phone number. Use your IP_Lookup and type the number in exactly as it appears with the dash and all. You will then get that link on your link menu. So logoff the LAN and connect to the modem to continue.

7. Sometimes when you have a lower version of the LAN_Probe it may take a couple of times to find the links to other parts. If all else fails just probe everything to see if you missed one, and/or probe everything several times.

8. When you get to the Main Server you will need to be quick with whatever job your doing. Right when you connect to the Main Server the system admin will start trying to find you on the LAN. One of the things I like to do if its a real short connection from the router to the Main Server, is crack the password and use the voice then disconnect and reconnect. This will give you vital seconds you might need, now all you have to do is press proceed. I also heard that if your about to get caught, you can press reset on the main server and he will start tracing you back to the router, thus when hes on the router, go right back to the main server...kinda like a game of tag. I heard that if you do this, whatever you were doing on the Main Server will still be going on. I havent tried this, but I suppose it works.

If you have any questions just email me at:

chakragod@hotmail.com
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:05 am

Don't post the same thing in 2 forums, you've already posted this in Hints and Tips, thats more than enough...

I sense a closure coming along...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:29 am

I smell a delete...

The other one doesn't even need to be... there's something like it in the standard FAQ...
Chakragod
level1
level1

Postby Chakragod » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:15 am

Yesh, i was just trying to help, and some people only go to certain forums thus the reason I posted on both.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:25 pm

Yeah, but we only need one copy, and in fact it's in the FAQ so we don't really need that. We really don't need the forum clogged up with repeat threads, and it belongs in Hints and Tips, not here...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Chakragod
level1
level1

Postby Chakragod » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:14 am

But if you'll notice a lot of people post on here for help instead. And as I stated on the other thread, yes, there is help with LAN's on the FAQ, but it is mostly a copy/paste from the Guide thats going around and really doesn't explain it very well.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:34 am

Yes, but the moderators don't like mulitple threads in different forums... It pisses them off and it pisses others off too, so please try not to in the future eh?
ME!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
ToppestKek
level0

Re: LAN Guide

Postby ToppestKek » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:10 pm

:D

Return to “The Full Game”