Android version - keyboard freezes the game

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

tachy
level0

Android version - keyboard freezes the game

Postby tachy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi,

I am enjoying this classic game (version 1.0.7hb) on my Galaxy S7 Edge (Android 6.0.1), but only until I need to enter something via keyboard.
Whenever the keyboard is active, whether it's a fullscreen keyboard, overlay type, invisible or external keyboard, there is a very high risk that the game freezes while I attempt to input the command/name/address/whatever.
The app becomes unresponsive and the whole Android interface starts lagging, all while the music keeps playing in the background, even after I press the home button to minimize the app.

Is there any hope for an updated Android build that may fix this keyboard input issue?
signum1221
level0

Re: Android version - keyboard freezes the game

Postby signum1221 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Same here, any workarrounds or fixes? i have tried with different keyboards but get the same result
doozie
level0

Postby doozie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Just purchased the Android version of the game and having this exact same issue. Random freezes when using the keyboard to provide input. It's freezing 9 times out of 10. Pretty much unplayable.

I'd rather not have to request a refund as I love the game, but this topic looks quite old, which is worrying.

Device info: Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700), Android 6.0.1
doozie
level0

Postby doozie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:44 pm

There is actually a workaround, which seems to work most of the time. Install the hackers keyboard, it supports CTRL-c/v for copy/paste so you can open a text file in notepad and prepare the text you need to enter into text boxes in the game and copy/paste it instead.

There are occasions where I still see it freeze, for instance when you need to delete text from a text box before pasting into it, or on a screen that has several text boxes and maybe one of them takes a long IP address as input. In this case I've been able to get around the freezes mostly by deleting just a few characters, exiting out of the keyboard, and then deleting the rest of the characters. Same goes for entering long bits of text.

Not played through the game yet but so far so good, mostly.
Nánáty
level0

Postby Nánáty » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:05 am

The same!!! They have to do someting, i think we all payd for the game!!! :x
theblisterexists
level2
level2

Postby theblisterexists » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:49 pm

Hi. I've had to change more than 10 keyboards over the past few years. They broke all the time and I didn't understand what it had to do with them at all. Later I realized that it was because I didn't clean the keyboards and crumbs and a lot of dust got inside them, which caused the contacts to short out and the keyboard to malfunction. To avoid this happening anymore, I decided to get a keyboard cover https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/ ... -keyboard/ and I have not regretted it at all, because with it my current keyboard works without any problems for over half a year.

Return to “Bug Reports”