Problem With The Tutorial

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

KM023
level0

Problem With The Tutorial

Postby KM023 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 am

I bought the game online from Amazon and it all seemed to be working fine until the tutorial. It would go through all of the steps correctly until I got to the point where it is supposed to allow me to copy the file as a test. It instantly says I was kicked out of the network, even though in the tutorial you are supposed to be able to finish the copying process as a test. I know it wasn't anything I did because the tutorial box on the bottom did not react. It just stayed on the screen that said "You are now copying the file. You can speed up the process." I tried it a few more times and the game seemed to malfunction. I was sent about six e-mails at once that say I owed money and then it said I was caught breaking into a network and I was kicked out of the gateway. However, during the tutorial you aren't punished for messing up and I did everything correctly. I thought maybe the copy that I bought had an issue so I downloaded the demo on Introversion's website. It loaded like the other game and everything was fine until the same tutorial step again. It stayed frozen on that screen and no matter how many times I tried to copy the file, with all the correct tools, it kicked me out before I had the chance. I'm playing it on Windows 7, so I was wondering if this was the issue. I checked all my specs; they're all in great condition. I've seen other people say that it works fine for them on Windows 7, but it seems to malfunction on me. I was going to try to run from a previous version, like Windows XP. Would this help? Has anyone had this issue?
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Are you doing it right?
KM023
level0

Postby KM023 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 am

Yes. I was. I fixed the problem. I changed the compatibility so that the game ran as though it were running on Windows XP and now it works correctly.

Return to “Bug Reports”