Can't Upgrade Gateway

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Brianide
level0

Can't Upgrade Gateway

Postby Brianide » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 pm

I've seen a few similar posts, but never a definitive answer on how to fix this. I'm playing on the Hacker Elite version, and if I buy a new gateway, I never actually receive it. I get the "wait 24 hours" email, then I get the "your gateway is complete" email that tells me to log out and back in to get it. I've logged out of the agent and the game itself, reloaded, and always see the default gateway in my hardware when I return. I've tried buying a few different gateways, all with the same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, once keeping my save and once wiping it out, and there was no difference. Is there any way to get around this? I really want to play the game, but I'm stuck.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:01 pm

"Hacker Elite version"

Sorry to say but that version is not supported here. All I can recommend is getting hold of a supported copy of Uplink, off steam or Introversions' website if they are still doing it and try again.
Brianide
level0

Postby Brianide » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 am

I discovered the solution through Stack Exchange. My gateway was upgrading. I didn't realize that upgrading your gateway doesn't actually give you better stuff - it just gives you the ability to get better stuff. I think what threw me off most was that each purchasable gateway lists a bandwidth, and I expected that bandwidth to come stock with it (as well as the memory and CPU speed).

Return to “Bug Reports”