Uplink won't start - Both Steam and NON-Steam Versions

Postby sixit » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Rundll32.exe hangs in background.

Windows 7 x64
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm

It is possible that Uplink, a more-than-decade-old game, doesn't run well on a 64-bit machine running Windows 7. Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? In fact, WHAT have you tried? Your "bug report" is useless, as it provides absolutely no information about what has been happening.
sixit
level0

Postby sixit » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:48 pm

mr_anonymous wrote:Your "bug report" is useless, as it provides absolutely no information about what has been happening.

Useless to you, perhaps. You're not a developer. If you ARE a developer, then you aren't much of one as the report gave enough information to provide a basis and starting point for the developer to look into the issue.

As the resident lapdog, perhaps you should go fetch someone with actual usefulness.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 pm

As a developer (not of this game, though), I can tell you that report is useless. RunDLL.exe is a general Windows thing involved in almost everything and not used directly by anyone, so it's no additional information. Your report essentially just reads 'does not work for me', which is regrettable, but impossible to work with. To make it useful, you need to supply more information about your system, the more, the better. Graphics card, CPU, amount of memory, which antivirus software, that kind of stuff. I obviously can't promise anything will be done if you do, but I can promise you nothing can be done if you don't.

And yes, try the various compatibility modes.

And this is the community forum. You are not our customer, so you are not always right by definition; in your own interest, if you want help here, try to be nicer to people.

Return to “Bug Reports”